what is this frame?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scarygerbil

i picked up this frame mainly because of the lugs and i was hoping to tap the font of knowledge on this forum to identify it is quite light and seems to have serial number 731 on the seat post
DSC_1801.JPG DSC_1802.JPG DSC_1803.JPG DSC_1804.JPG DSC_1805.JPG DSC_1806.JPG DSC_1803.JPG
it does seem to have been repainted at some time in the past so was thinking about a respray but i will try to remove the top coat in search of decals

midlife

Guru

i picked up this frame mainly because of the lugs and i was hoping to tap the font of knowledge on this forum to identify it is quite light and seems to have serial number 731 on the seat post
View attachment 395734 View attachment 395735 View attachment 395736 View attachment 395737 View attachment 395738 View attachment 395739 View attachment 395736
it does seem to have been repainted at some time in the past so was thinking about a respray but i will try to remove the top coat in search of decals
You may be able to wash the paint off by using a cloth soaked in cellulose thinners. Try to look in the most obvious places where a name may be hidden.

classic33

Leg End Member
To the left of the nipple/cap on the bottom bracket, USY/JSY?
45 331 on the seat tube. Looks as though the punch bounced when stamping the "5".
Number.jpg

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
You may be able to wash the paint off by using a cloth soaked in cellulose thinners. Try to look in the most obvious places where a name may be hidden.
Going with what @midlife has posted, check the dropouts, front and rear. Also the rear of the bottom bracket, there appears to be something there.

classic33

Leg End Member
thanks @midlife a helpful link
after a bit more searching the serial number appears to be P45731 this would make it a 1966 lincon imp. couldn't find anything on the rear dropouts or bb it came without forks
after an afternoon high on thinners no decals though I did see an imp or two
The "P" above & in the middle of the "45"?

I'm only going by the picture, but can't see 731.

midlife

Guru
Just as an aside the round wrap around style seat stays like this on 70's Carlton were the sign of a mass produced frame....

6198962846_b6a46883c5_m.jpg

Step back 15-20 years and they were the height of fashion..

Top Bottom