What is this noise? (With video)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Yeah, it's an option. Best way to learn.

I think 'half term earliest', means go fix it.

Big John

Guru
I've built an entire wheel this afternoon for work so a spoke should take about half an hour (tyre off, rim tape off, cassette/rotor off) to replace a spoke and true it up. Call it an hour tops for someone learning the ropes. Great fun, costs next to naff all and the warm afterglow of a job well done. Lessons on truing a wheel are on YouTube. Go for it.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Have to say that spokes and wheelbuilding/truing are one thing that are mandatory LBS jobs for me. I can do most other stuff myself but the mysteries of spokes and truing wheels are something I leave to others. The thing is, it hardly ever happens - I can count the number of times I've broken a spoke on the fingers of one hand and still have a thumb and one or two fingers left over. So even if I did teach myself, by the time it next happened I would have forgotten everything.

I've built an entire wheel this afternoon for work so a spoke should take about half an hour (tyre off, rim tape off, cassette/rotor off) to replace a spoke and true it up. Call it an hour tops for someone learning the ropes. Great fun, costs next to naff all and the warm afterglow of a job well done. Lessons on truing a wheel are on YouTube. Go for it.

How do you know what spoke you need to buy though?

Top Bottom