What is this part called ? (Pic enclosed)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Hey guys

This part is the bit my rear derailleur USED to bolt onto bu as you can see its sheered off, I need me a new one but have no idea what its called, your hep PLEASE

PS Its for my Ribble audax

Gaz

IMG_0071.jpg

Barbidoll

Think its a gear hanger...;)

Will1985

Über Member
It probably depends on what might fit from what the LBS has in stock - it's a component where there isn't much standardisation. CRC has over 400 different hangers on their site, and that doesn't include some of the bigger frame brands.

Stick with the Ribble one.

RecordAceFromNew

Swinging Member
If I were you I would give them a call on Monday. The reason is they don't look similar, and the description of the ad appears to indicate it only fits some of their audax frames...

GrasB

Veteran
There are 2 hangers for the Audax frames by the look of it you want CSN drop out hanger

The difference between the 2 bikes can be made by looking at the front Derailleur, the frame doesn't a braising to mount the front derailleur on then you need then you need the above hanger.

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
GrasB said:
There are 2 hangers for the Audax frames by the look of it you want CSN drop out hanger

The difference between the 2 bikes can be made by looking at the front Derailleur, the frame doesn't a braising to mount the front derailleur on then you need then you need the above hanger.

Yeah it looks more like the one you posted, what is a braising mount ? I have already ordered and cant seem to find a way to cancel if its the wrong one though so will probs have to send it back.

GrasB

Veteran
On this frame you can see just below the bottle mountings a 'braise on' from derailleur hanger, in this case it's bolted onto the frame (so you can remove it if you use a single chainring)
2010_espresso_aero_wh.jpg

image (c) Pro-Lite

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Right, bugger, I ordered the other one but dont have anything like in that pic, need to fugure out how to canel my order now.

Rip Van

Veteran
Braise-to cook food slowly in a covered dish in a little fat and liquid
Braze-to join (metals) by melting non ferrous metals or alloys into the joints at temperatures exceeding 800°F (426.7°C)
;)

Top Bottom