What is this?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bigjim

Legendary Member
last night I bought this
11873081456_55526106ee_b.jpg
It had this bag attached
11873077826_37f58189a6_c.jpg

The bag has a sleeve underneath to enable it to slide onto this support
11872672964_24d602b822_z.jpg

I can't see the bag on the Carradice website so I'm wondering what it is. It's huge, but not a SuperC or Longflap so if anybody knows shout out please.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Most Carradice bags have the model name under the flap, and the name of the person that made it?

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Paid £215 incl Brooks saddle, bag/support, spd pedals, computer and new Schwalbe, green something, marathons. Frame has two small marks on it. I thought it was a good deal. Always wanted to try a Galaxy.
sounds fair enough to me , enjoy it

OP
OP
bigjim

bigjim

Legendary Member
Nice bicycle, and a good deal, I reckon. Decaleur is pretty interesting as well, something I may try to replicate.
I don't think the Decaleur/support is home made as the bag has a sewn in pouch underneath to accomadate it. It seems such a good design I can't understand why Carradice stopped doing it. Although I've not figured out what the cable is for that slots through the support.
I also like the bag colour scheme. Unusual.

OP
OP
bigjim

bigjim

Legendary Member
please explain this "got to sell a couple of bike " thing ?
I have my bike account. I sell a bike make a couple of quid and put it towards my next bike. This way I have managed to improve my stock, so to speak. Last year I sold two modern alloy/carbon bikes because I was worried about the carbon failure thing. So I am in surplus which has been a bit deleted with this purchase. I of course have too many bikes and I'm becoming aware that the maintenance of them is now a chore especially in winter in a dark cold damp garage.
I wish I could live with just one bike, but I do like my bikes. My wife of course thinks I'm mental but I don't mention her shoes and the parcels for her that I have to keep signing for.

Last edited:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I have my bike account. I sell a bike make a couple of quid and put it towards my next bike. This way I have managed to improve my stock, so to speak. Last year I sold two modern alloy/carbon bikes because I was worried about the carbon failure thing. So I am in surplus which has been a bit deleted with this purchase. I of course have too many bikes and I'm becoming aware that the maintenance of them is now a chore especially in winter in a dark cold damp garage.
I wish I could live with just one bike, but I do like my bikes. My wife of course thinks I'm mental but I don't mention her shoes and the parcels for her that I have to keep signing for.

thats how i started about 5 years ago and i still buy and sell , from memory i have 6 roadworthy machines and 2 framesets awaiting build , do vast majority of my riding on one bike , as others are made ready for sale i test ride them for aprox a week to make where they are in terms of reliability and what work still needs doing .

Top Bottom