What is this?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I have my bike account. I sell a bike make a couple of quid and put it towards my next bike. This way I have managed to improve my stock, so to speak. Last year I sold two modern alloy/carbon bikes because I was worried about the carbon failure thing. So I am in surplus which has been a bit deleted with this purchase. I of course have too many bikes and I'm becoming aware that the maintenance of them is now a chore especially in winter in a dark cold damp garage.
I wish I could live with just one bike, but I do like my bikes. My wife of course thinks I'm mental but I don't mention her shoes and the parcels for her that I have to keep signing for.
I have the same arrangement, a self supporting hobby, to a great extent. Takes up a good deal of space in the winter, when all the foundlings and "cheap deals" wind up on my doorstep. I also got a 2011 Diamondback Outlook for $ 70 US today, but I'll offset that when Spring comes. Mrs. GA has quite a few parcels I have to sign for.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
thats how i started about 5 years ago and i still buy and sell , from memory i have 6 roadworthy machines and 2 framesets awaiting build , do vast majority of my riding on one bike , as others are made ready for sale i test ride them for aprox a week to make where they are in terms of reliability and what work still needs doing .
2 roadworthy, 6 awaiting restoration.

rbreid

Old git on old bikes
last night I bought this
11873081456_55526106ee_b.jpg
It had this bag attached
11873077826_37f58189a6_c.jpg

The bag has a sleeve underneath to enable it to slide onto this support
11872672964_24d602b822_z.jpg

I can't see the bag on the Carradice website so I'm wondering what it is. It's huge, but not a SuperC or Longflap so if anybody knows shout out please.
It's called the Carradice Overlander. Versions I've had came with a chrome steel mount. Not seen the alloy one before. IMHO the best saddle bag system Carradice have made. There is one on ebay at the moment http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Vinta...K_SportGoods_CyclAcces_RL&hash=item4d1724930a

OP
OP
bigjim

bigjim

Legendary Member
It's called the Carradice Overlander. Versions I've had came with a chrome steel mount. Not seen the alloy one before. IMHO the best saddle bag system Carradice have made. There is one on ebay at the moment http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Vinta...K_SportGoods_CyclAcces_RL&hash=item4d1724930a
Thanks for that. Jeezz... Have you seen how much money that one is making. £72 plus postage with two hours to go. Ridiculous! It is a good system though. Same capacity as a Super C but a lot lighter. Mine is 600g and the support is 160g. Nice light touring setup.
I've done a bit more googling and SJS were selling them in 2011. They were then about £65 plus close on £20 for the support. I thought it was a cheap bag. LOL.

Top Bottom