What is this?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wheresthetorch

Dreaming of Celeste
Garden chair cushion?

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I just tried wearing it vertically up my back but that really doesn't work properly for me. I am fairly tall (6' 1"), not super-tall, and the straps are way too short at maximum extension. I can wear it horizontally across the small of my back and that felt quite comfortable. It could fit someone with a smaller or bigger waist. It could be folded over to get a double thickness of padding. As @classic33 suggested, maybe it is supposed to offer lumbar support when sitting on badly designed car seats, chairs or sofas?

Is it for a framed rucksack, to keep the frame clear of your back?
That could be a good application for it, even it were not what it was originally intended to do!

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

It's one of those things that about ten years ago you were going to throw out, and then thought, 'actually I'll save that, it'll come in handy one day.'

This is a man thing. Keppng junk for decades that is. MR WD has said exactly the same thing about junk. If you don't know what it is amd have never used it throw the bloody thing away.^_^
Ha ha - I just asked a friend what she thought it was and her reply was "Who cares? You don't know what it is for, or where it came from, so just chuck it away!"

stephec

Legendary Member
Sounds like a sensible lady. Take her advice. ^_^
More like some kind of weirdo. :biggrin:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Until next week when you're watching a program & they tell you what it it, that they are very rare & if you have one in good condition you could easily buy n+1 with the proceeds.
Yes - I'd probably tune in to Salvage Hunters to find Drew Pritchard describing a Victorian Pre-natal Bump Supporter, and how valuable a find they are these days ... :whistle:

Top Bottom