What is 'woke'?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Do you sometimes wish we could get back to using words and terms that are understandable ? or should we embrace everything that's new ? I find it tiresome to keep looking up new words, Gammon has appeared on this thread, another LOB.
Was this supposed to be intentionally funny? you complain about the use of Gammon & not knowing what it means & then throw in a LOB (did you see what I did there :laugh:)

Venod

Eh up
If you see two together its known as a couple of wokes .
Surely it's a couple of Wokers.

Venod

Eh up
Was this supposed to be intentionally funny?
That's for you to decide, I did know what Gammon meant but when it first came into use (other than when reffering to pig based products) I had to Google (other search engines are available) it.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Is it a new term for a self-gratification artist?
No, he's actually very funny, he's a life coach/comedian.
Some of his videos are serious, the ultra spiritual series is an hilarious piss take.
Search for the "how to become gluten intolerant" video, for example.
I find him funny, but then again I have a continental sense of humor, ymmv.

12boy

Guru
I've always enjoyed how words develop new meanings over time and in different areas and subcultures. I wonder if whatever evolutionary changes we humans have going on are linguistic instead of physical. If you can say it you can think it and if you can think it it can be realized. When I read these posts I frequently have to look up words to see what they mean in the UK. Kinda fun.

I've always enjoyed how words develop new meanings over time and in different areas and subcultures. I wonder if whatever evolutionary changes we humans have going on are linguistic instead of physical. If you can say it you can think it and if you can think it it can be realized. When I read these posts I frequently have to look up words to see what they mean in the UK. Kinda fun.

I have noticed that since I learned to speak German, I can read Shakespeare more easily, because the English he spoke was nearer to the German roots.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Surely it's a couple of Wokers.
No , to be a woke you have to be born in Woking . If you move into the area through earning enough money to buy a property there you are known be the wokes as a woker .

Top Bottom