What is wrong with some people?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martynjc1977

Veteran
Jezston said:
What an absolute shoot.

Anything he can be reported for here?

I think there is an offense with the use of the horn, as it should only be used to inform others of your presence and not to be used in an aggressive manner.

I probably wouldn't have said what you said last, they might have wanted to take me up on it!!
Try inviting them to discuss in on the pavement next time ('cos there will be a next time), see what happens.

OP
OP
gaz

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Browser said:
I probably wouldn't have said what you said last, they might have wanted to take me up on it!!
Try inviting them to discuss in on the pavement next time ('cos there will be a next time), see what happens.

I didn't want to say it. But it just popped out. I like to be calm etcc and I don't mind having a friendly chat. But I don't think it was worth it in this case, she clearly didn't care for what I had to say and it's not like we were going anywhere!

the reluctant cyclist

Über Member
God I hate this sort of thing.

It was all so pointless too - big queue of traffic at the lights and was it just me or did the silver golf manage to overtake you and the mondeo and carry on on their way while all this was going on?

I'm gonna retaliate against this sort of thing and start cycling along with a basket full of eggs and pelt all the cars that piss me off on my route - mind you there might not be enough chickens in the world for that!!

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
gaz said:
I got one, but didn't want to waste it
Waste? Waste? Why would it be a waste to stand there and get free entertainment from watching her explode in apoplectic rage as you wind her up with your mocking of her and her horn? :becool::evil::tongue:

Jezston

Über Member
An Airzound on full volume is noticeably louder than most car horns.

Especially if you blast it next to their open driver side window :becool:

Mycroft

1st thought, what a ****.

2nd thought, what a complete ****.

3rd thought, air horn on bike "RACE!"

-

I though sounding a car horn while stationary was an offence ?anyone?

Cubist

Still wavin'
Mycroft said:
1st thought, what a ****.

2nd thought, what a complete ****.

3rd thought, air horn on bike "RACE!"

-

I though sounding a car horn while stationary was an offence ?anyone?
Offences involving horns?

Ok, Innapropriate use of an audible warning instrument for any purpose other than to warn other road users of your presence is an offence.

Only other one would be using one on a restricted road between the hours of 11.30 pm and 7.00 am

Glow worm

Legendary Member
gaz said:
I didn't want to say it. But it just popped out. I like to be calm etcc and I don't mind having a friendly chat. But I don't think it was worth it in this case, she clearly didn't care for what I had to say and it's not like we were going anywhere!

I think you were remarkably restrained given the provocation. What's wrong with these fat caged sacks of sh*te?

Glow worm said:
What's wrong with these fat caged sacks of sh*te?

Basically in all other walks of life they are NOTHING. They get talked down to and don't have the nerve to stand up for themselves.

Then they get in a car and it gives them a feeling of equality. In their car they are no longer the weakling. They have a car to protect them too.

Then they get so enamoured with their "equality" of being equal in their cage, that translates to superiority and aggression, when they get in their car they lose their innate fear of conflict and take out their frustrations whilst they pilot their weapon around and woe betide anyone who crosses them because they are the king of the road.

GrasB

Veteran
I've just remembered an incident, in a car, which happened a few years ago. It was night & I was turning left, as I started to turn through the corner an elderly man stumbled & ended up on his hands & knees half in the road. I stopped & by the time I'd turned my hazard lights on the driver of the car behind me was blaring his horn & shouting abuse. I ignored the idiot & got out the car to help the gentleman up, sure I could have driven around him but it was dark & people may not see him.

So it's not only cyclists who get the kinda s**t.

If I was arguing with a car driver I don't think I would be discussing the door zone.I don't think I would expect them to know what the hell I was talking about.

Top Bottom