What is your favourite Fall album?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mistral

Guru
Good topic

Has to be Grotesque

with This Nations Saving Grace a close second

j66

Impossible question - my Fall filter's not that clever so I'd have to say "30 Years". Oh yes. The Fallen by Dave Simpson was a good read wasn't it?

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
They totally passed me by! Though many of my contemporaroraroaries like them (I'm 48)... never figured on my musical radar....

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Uncle Mort said:
It was a popular beat combo from Manchester, m'lud..:tongue:

Did it have rhythm, a beat you could tap your foot to, a well-considered turn of phrase?

yello

Tough call for me. The Fall have had so many line up changes and phases that the different albums often have very different feels. Difficult to compare Grotesque, Witch Trials and Slates era with the Hanley middle period (pre and post Brixs) with the more recent (decidedly sketchy) stuff.

I think I'd probably go for 'Perverted By Language' ...or 'Grotesque'... or 'Code:Selfish' ... or or or or.... hell, I even have a liking for 'Reformation Post TLC'!!

Can I get back to you with a final decision? :eek:

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I came late to The Fall and I'm not sure I know enough of their albums to make a proper choice, but This Nation's Saving Grace is my favourite. Their last couple haven't been bad at all, mind.

albal

Guru
Live at the witch trials. - Perverted by language close 2nd.
Wot ! no one mention Curious Orange?? cos it's cr*p.

Top Bottom