What *is* your personal n+1 bike? (Pics please)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
So you want another bike, of course you do, you're a cyclist and whether you have 1 bike or 8 bikes in the garage there's bound to be at least one that you don't yet own that just gives you an itch that might have to be scratched.

Current difficulties on supply aside, and realistically speaking (this isn't a fantasy bike at any budget thread), what is currently tempting you to sign a cheque and make it yours?

I'll kick off with something that I'm tempted by, it was initially inspired by the lovely blue and orange Pashley cruiser owned by @Mrs M. I now really fancy the Pashley Speed 5:
Screenshot_20200618-223221_Chrome.jpg

Let's see pics of your next (possible, maybe) desired purchase!

Last edited:

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
No pictures because it hasn't been built yet. It will be shiny.

Gunk

Guru
I’m just in the middle of building my N+1 bike at the moment, a 1962 Claud Butler Olympic, it’ll have a mixture of original 1960’s and later 1970’s components. it’s what the French call a “Demi-course” so a half way house between a road bike and a racing bike, so it’ll have mudguards and a rack, only 5 speed. Do I have a need for it? not really, do I want it in my garage? absolutely!

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I’m just in the middle of building my N+1 bike at the moment, a 1962 Claud Butler Olympic, it’ll have a mixture of original 1960’s and later 1970’s components. it’s what the French call a “Demi-course” so a half way house between a road bike and a racing bike, so it’ll have mudguards and a rack, only 5 speed. Do I have a need for it, not really, do I want it in my garage, absolutely!

View attachment 530876
"Only 5 speed" - With those long horizontal dropouts the frame would be ideal for a singlespeed bike! (No nasty chain tensioner needed.)

Gunk

Guru
"Only 5 speed" - With those long horizontal dropouts the frame would be ideal for a singlespeed bike! (No nasty chain tensioner needed.)

That was my first thought, but I want to keep some originality so made the decision to keep it a 5 speeder. A single speed will perhaps be my N+2

oldkit

Regular
A frame made from 853 tubing for a start, I let a thorn 853 audax slip through my fingers a while back, being always cash light, I now regret not being able to find the extra££s.
However, if I should win the Lottery Big Time, I would have a frame made and I've a hankering to try a Rohloff , preferably with a belt drive.
However, back in the real world, I have something in line a bit more down to earth.
I'll post details if it comes to fruition.

Top Bottom