What I've found out..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Things I've just found out.. Viking supply their bikes with sub-standard tyres!
After struggling for 2 hours (yep 2hours) to put my tyre back on. I decided to bite the bullet and take my wheel to the LBS.. Olny to be told he's had loads of viking wheels in with the same problem and even he can't re-fit the tyres. So new front tyre and will replace the rear after pay day. OTOH.. could feel a vast improvement in the ride straight away.
I would find a new LBS, I had no problems, not easy right enough but not impossible. Though I agree about the ride, better handling and more confidence, or is it the fact I have more experience than 6 months ago.
I wouldn' t call them sub-standard mine lasted nearly 4,000 miles. (virtually without punctures)

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
On my first 2 rides..
I knew I was unfit but bloody hell, I didn't realise just how unfit. I thought I'd be able to do around 5 miles.. not a chance! Managed 2.4 miles today! TBH I'm not getting out of breath or tired.. it's like my legs just give up and turn to lead.

Keep it up I was like that about 7 years ago.

It used to take me about 3 hours to do a lap of my town, I did a lap of my town and the next one this morning in 1hr 15 mins so keep at it and you will get there.

^^^^ +1, likewise last summer, took me 1:30 to do a local 10 mile loop, condition fair I have no trouble doing it sub 40mins these days ( and I had to stop at least three times), I stopped yesterday because i wanted too doing the 38 miles, likewise last Thur but that was after a quite difficult climb and then it was only when I had recovered somewhat I stopped, not because of the climb
http://app.strava.com/activities/41758084#697860448
I just could have never contemplated such a ride last summer even with the low gearing I had.
http://app.strava.com/activities/41758084#

Top Bottom