What kind of animal was Zippy?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

got-to-get-fit

The previous link to rainbow on youtube was hillarious so i thought id include this one ......

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
George is really my niece called Georgina. The producers wanted a male hippo but as I was not available, I suggested that they use my niece - she was always a tomboy! She has now retired from public life and now lives on the banks of the Limpopo

Mr Phoebus

Give me Pipkins any day.

They were the most moth eaten bunch of skip rescued scruffs I've ever seen.
I just hope all the kids were up to date with their vaccinations .

Hartley has been likened to Kenneth Williams on many an occasion.

purpleR

Guru
I keep on clicking on this thread to find out what kind of animal zippy actually was, but no-one seems to have come up with a satisfactory answer yet.

Come on you lot, I want answers!

Tetedelacourse

Whatever he was, Zippy ran the show.

OP
OP
M

Melvil

OK...we might have got closer to sorting out what kind of animal zippy was, but, right, where's his accent from??????

It sounds like he's from the south-east but too cultivated for london, I think. Kent? Any suggestions?

OP
OP
M

Melvil

Tetedelacourse said:
Actually come to think of it, what sex was Zippy?

He was a dude, of course, evidenced by his 'I've got a big red twanger' comment on the 'naughty' episode of Rainbow.

Mr Phoebus

Uncle Mort said:
YKK - he was created in the early seventies before Mrs T had de-unionised British zipmaking, so a domestic zip would've been too unreliable for childrens' TV. And they say Japan lost the war...

I must admit I never saw it snag.

Try explaining to a load of doctors how you caught your cock in it. ::ohmy:

Top Bottom