What level UCI teams are there ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

perplexed

Guru
Sure

Its just idea's right now.

so 3 routes

10K for those REALLY obese who are wanting to START the change

25K for those who have made changes, who are on a "diet" (hate that word) and on it with working out.

50K for those like me, who have lost everything and are now at goal and always looking for ways to push.

Anyone can also join in to raise money for Obesity Charity's

Do Bike Events organise and insure events ?

Edit: I have fired off an email to bike events anyway, who else could I contact ?

Hey, I like your idea!

How about Kilo to Go? (Cheshire Cat etc...) Maybe they'd give you some pointers. Perhaps have some sort of tie-in with them or another sportive arranger? Mutual promotion, perhaps?

They get their name associated with something which is big news at present (which may generate more income via future riders for their other events.) You get pro involvement and probably much more publicity with their organisational assistance.

They also get brownie points for helping with a worthwhile event.

How about getting a well known personality on board? Ideally someone who's used cycling to alter his or her lifestyle?

Good luck and keep us posted!

monnet

Guru
I don't know why, but this thread crossed my mind this morning. We've all sort of gone along with your initial question and developed from there and some great ideas have come along. But...

oldroadman touched on this. Whatever your aim, why don't you try to achieve it through an existing club? I don't know where you are exactly, but Manchester and environs is chock full of good clubs. If it's a team you ultimately want to set up, getting involved in a club will give you the chance to race, the opportunity to get involved in organising events and put you amongst people who will have plenty of experience to give. All of which will give you a better understanding of what's involved and whether it's feasible.

Certainly joining an existing club structure will give you access to clubruns, TTs, chaingangs and racing - perfect for the man who 'is always looking to push'.

Top Bottom