What lumens should I go for?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Amazon proper or Amazon Marketplace knock-offs?

Lezyne use lumens, don't they? Not worth the risk IMO.
Real Amazon. I know what you mean, though, it's a worse tat bazaar than the Bay of Thieves these days. The search is terrible and it's full of dubious Chinese rubbish.

si_c

Guru
Unlikely to be a special Supernova for ebikes, so I suspect there is electronics to regulate the lighting circuit power output to enable the bike to take standard lights which run on whatever a dynamo produces.

More likely they removed the circuitry to deal with the alternating current for the dynamo and it runs off a protected feed from the 5v line on the ebike power system. Less to go wrong.

I also carry Lezynes for back ups on longer rides, and the front is handy to use as a torch for mechanicals, or to shine on maps or road signs if I get lost.
I carry them as backups in case the dynamo fails (not that it ever has) but also in the more likely case that I have a mechanical and need some light. The downside of dynamo lights is there need for the wheel to move.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
More likely they removed the circuitry to deal with the alternating current for the dynamo and it runs off a protected feed from the 5v line on the ebike power system. Less to go wrong.

I won't pretend to fully understand this, but I suppose it is likely we have the same front light.

The mount on mine is good, a simple locknut which means I can tweak it up and down on the move and it always stays where I put it.

I carry them as backups in case the dynamo fails (not that it ever has) but also in the more likely case that I have a mechanical and need some light.

My favourite torch backup, if I remember to carry it, is a cheap Petzl Tikka LED head torch which, of course, leaves both hands free.

Highly recommended at £16.

https://www.alpinetrek.co.uk/petzl-...google_uk.1676771977.64825785483.325122157890

OP
OP
C

cambsno

Real Amazon. I know what you mean, though, it's a worse tat bazaar than the Bay of Thieves these days. The search is terrible and it's full of dubious Chinese rubbish.

Something my Dad always said - buy cheap buy twice - very true.

Top Bottom