What makes you visible on the road (at night)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

spiro

Crankarm said:
Did this thread not die? Quick reverse back over it. Having read it I can sense a :wacko: breaking out again.
Thats down to me as I thought I should post my question here rather than start a new thread.:biggrin:

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
What makes you visible on the road at night (or at anytime of day) is a set of Dinotte lights, from recent experience I have found that the 400L rear light is visible at over a mile in full sun light...

Ashtrayhead

Über Member
spiro said:
As a HPGT rider I need to ensure the bike is highly visible from behind and was thinking of putting some red 3M DIAMOND GRADE PRISMATIC TAPE down the back of the seat and possibly on a plate to go around the rear light on the back of the luggage rack. Two questions; (1) has anyone else done this and was it effective and (2) anyone know were I can get this in the UK ideally by the metre.

Try some of the Respro stickers. I put loads on my bikes. Front forks, seatpost, anywhere they'll go!

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/c/cycle/7/Reflectives/

Go for the Respro...

Thay also do a black reflective, not particularly visible against the black seat and guards during the day, but full EN471 at night.

spiro

Cunobelin said:
Go for the Respro...

Thay also do a black reflective, not particularly visible against the black seat and guards during the day, but full EN471 at night.
Black sounds good for the rear of the seat as they wont be too obvious during the day but will stand out at night. May also try putting some black ones of the front forks. Frame is orange so don't really what black or white on there.

gavintc

Guru
Have a look at the reflective stuff sold for yacht safety kit. You would get it from a chandlers. It is super sticky and made to survive in very harsh conditions and to be very reflective.

Top Bottom