What man/woman jobs have you been doing lately

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
With all the lockdowns etc, what jobs you been doing around the house, garden, shed that’s been put off for years????

lets see some pictures too if you have any.....

Sharky

Guru
We've got a leaky gutter over the garage doors. It just overspills the gutter and runs down the drive into the road, so no damage being done, although the water ends up in the drains, rather than back into the water table.

Trouble is that it is only a problem when it rains and when it is raining, it is too wet to work outside.

Another gutter one. I noticed that sparrows were having a whale of a time bathing and splashing about in the guttering. I can only reach one bit of the guttering but fortunately that was the point where the downpipe was blocked by leaf debris. After removing a couple of handfuls of smelly mush there was a very satisfying surge of water down the drain. Apologies to the sparrows.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The cat's got a cat run extenson...

Last edited:

Hicky

Guru
Where to start!?
Yesterday replaced the bathroom extractor fan and a light switch backplate in my old house....our current house , jobs today, repotted two trees, tidied my greenhouse and cleaned the front yard of the house. Over summer I’ve potted every Alder sapling I’ve found rooted in the garden, the kids have helped me build a greenhouse gifted by a old neighbour and the youngest built some basic trellis for a Wisteria.

Attachments

• F11EE72A-668C-40F3-A031-E7E31C9F9AEA.jpeg
    F11EE72A-668C-40F3-A031-E7E31C9F9AEA.jpeg
    114.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 7732C1FB-93B2-4C00-8D76-6CEA1624F6D2.jpeg
    7732C1FB-93B2-4C00-8D76-6CEA1624F6D2.jpeg
    269.5 KB · Views: 9
  • F45667D6-DED5-4C38-9943-63D6094672A2.jpeg
    F45667D6-DED5-4C38-9943-63D6094672A2.jpeg
    214.3 KB · Views: 10
  • F7031DCC-46DF-425E-B204-89029C63F390.jpeg
    F7031DCC-46DF-425E-B204-89029C63F390.jpeg
    192.9 KB · Views: 10
OP
OP
J

jowwy

was lovely out the back yesterday - as well as working i'm also in uni ( yes at 44 ) studying to become a data scientist, online video lectures today - we finished at 2pm, so it was out the back to take down 2 x 1.8mtr fence panels and replace with new posts and cross braces and fit 42 1.8mtr feather edge boards......all done in under 2hrs

Last edited:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Just replaced one of the two (!!) sockets in the living room with a fused spur switch and four double sockets, with all wiring in mini trunking.
It's to run two LED lamps, the stereo and a smart TV - probably 200W load in total, so easily within the capacity of 2.5mm cable.
I've now got a ton of spare extension leads.
Next job is tidying up the garages, clearing the rubbish and getting things onto racking (which I have yet to order...)
After that, it's getting all my bike tools back into my workshop and fettling bikes ready for N-5.
My bike collection has got quite out of hand - I swear they're breeding in there.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
New security light fitted yesterday to illuminate my important shed, and the two lesser ones.
Today's job was to fabricate a cowl to direct the light downward and stop it bothering the neighbours.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Fitted new led floodlight to the back garden.....for nighttime dog peeing sessions

Drago

Legendary Member
Nice tidy garden Jowwry.

Im about 2/3 of the way through a full top to bottom redecoration of Drago Towers II. There's a feature film about a chap that happens to have the same name as me, and yesterday the framed film poster arrived and today will take prode of place in my rear passage.

Last edited:

Salar

A fish out of water
Not me, but my much better half. Even though I paint and draw etc for a hobby, no way will she let me loose with a paintbrush in the house.

So, I'm feeling guilty, she is out the back painting the garden shed.....I'm not allowed, honest.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
We've got a leaky gutter over the garage doors. It just overspills the gutter and runs down the drive into the road, so no damage being done, although the water ends up in the drains, rather than back into the water table.

Trouble is that it is only a problem when it rains and when it is raining, it is too wet to work outside.

Brilliant. Might use that reasoning with the wife when I've got similar.

Mr Celine

Discordian
I've had three blackcurrant bushes for 20 years. I've never begrudged what the garden birds took as there were always plenty left for us but this year, the pigeons discovered them. The fat basturts practically wrecked them as well as having more than a fair share, so as soon as the fencing suppliers came out of lockdown I built a fruit cage. The raspberry cane on the left was planted two years ago after an enormous cypress tree which shaded everything had been felled. As soon as I finished the cage the raspberry put on a growth spurt and grew through the top. It's also a bit weird having fresh raspberries in the middle of November.

snorri

Legendary Member
I sense a lack of urgency and lax supervision by the governing body.

Top Bottom