What modern technological equipment baffles you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Also I have difficulties with those automated shopping tills, i.e. the ones that tell you that you have an unexpected item in the baggage area. I nearly always end up wanting to hurl my tins of chick pea dahl at the screen. Which is why I always queue up at the manned shopping tills.
This^^^^
They hate.
@Hill Wimp won’t even let me stand near one for fear of it having a strop.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
[QUOTE 5160097, member: 259"]

[/QUOTE]
want one!

MikeG

Guru
I’m with you until the sewing part...how archaic? Does anyone sew anything anymore?

;)

My wife (a teacher) just made this for our daughter:

W2fBPw2.jpg

3rvOP1m.jpg

pyjeY2G.jpg

MikeG

Guru
Do you find yourself arguing with, and then threatening g violence towards the self service tills? The lass in Tesco comes running across to help whenever she sees me before I have a chance to thump the machine.

I've spotted your problem. Emboldened and reddified.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
The overlocker is a wonderful machine but as has been said seems to defy logic. You have to get the sequences right and I was fortunate in getting an expert to tell me how to do it. Easy when you know how but otherwise baffling. Self service tills in supermarkets just seize up when they see me coming.

U

User32269

Most of modern consumer technology is geared toward having to have the latest thing now. The marketing is so powerful that we all fall under its spell. Things we don't really need, at a price we can barely afford, have become necessities. We are required to do this as consumer spending is now the one thing that keeps the myth of economic growth alive, despite the majority of spending being done on credit. This helps to enslave us, and our children, into financial servitude.
The thing that baffles me is why we are so shallow and stupid? That, and the six remotes I now need to watch telly.

Colin_P

Guru
Bitcoin mining - what's all that about, then? I can just about get my head round being paid to to help validation of transactions but who is doing the paying?

I struggle enough with working out how Bitcoin operates in the first place.

And apparently hackers hack and get the hacked computers mining bitcoins for them. It seems like another dot com bubble type burst is likely when people realise that it is the currency the emperor would use to buy his new invisible clothes.

In 20 years time something like that will be the size of a grain of rice and we will all have them sewn into our jackseys at birth.

I think they are already invented because there seems to be too much smart arsery at present let alone in 20 years. Imagine the current smart arses getting even smarter arses. The toilets can hardly cope now with the amount of s**t that comes out of them. Also, would they get firmware updates by using smart bogroll (s-wipe)? And would they crash if a splashback event occurred?

Me, I'm in no danger, a proud idiot and no grain of rice where the sun don't shine is going to change that.

colly

Re member eR
And apparently hackers hack and get the hacked computers mining bitcoins for them. It seems like another dot com bubble type burst is likely when people realise that it is the currency the emperor would use to buy his new invisible clothes.

I think they are already invented because there seems to be too much smart arsery at present let alone in 20 years. Imagine the current smart arses getting even smarter arses. The toilets can hardly cope now with the amount of s**t that comes out of them. Also, would they get firmware updates by using smart bogroll (s-wipe)? And would they crash if a splashback event occurred?

Me, I'm in no danger, a proud idiot and no grain of rice where the sun don't shine is going to change that.

And you tell kids that today..........and do they believe you?

Top Bottom