what (onbike) pump/ clear cycling glasses

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Big boy

Ok i know i have 2 questions .\
As im now venturing a bit further away from home, im looking to get an on bike pump.
The last one i had would nigh on kill me trying to get the tires anywhere near fully inflated.
I now use a joeblow sport (its great) but im not gonna strap it to the bike hence the question.
Ifd you can please give a rough price on any pumps recomended.
I will more than likely be getting into halfords or evans cycles.
Right the glasses thing being a tight wad, im thinking of getting a pair of safety glasses from homebase.
Some of them look ok (not like clear welding goggles)
Ideas and opinions on those please.
Its pitch black around here of a night, very few cars about and no street lighting for quite a way.
My front light draws in the moths and bugs a treat, last time i was out i had a close one with a sodding great hornet.
So for now im only out during the day.... (till i get some clear glasses)

galactico

i have this pump and it is pretty good for a small hand pump.
http://www.topeak.com/products/Pumps/MiniMorph

have you considered a co2 pump?

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Ok i know i have 2 questions .\
As im now venturing a bit further away from home, im looking to get an on bike pump.
The last one i had would nigh on kill me trying to get the tires anywhere near fully inflated.
I now use a joeblow sport (its great) but im not gonna strap it to the bike hence the question.
Ifd you can please give a rough price on any pumps recomended.
I will more than likely be getting into halfords or evans cycles.
Right the glasses thing being a tight wad, im thinking of getting a pair of safety glasses from homebase.
Some of them look ok (not like clear welding goggles)
Ideas and opinions on those please.
Its pitch black around here of a night, very few cars about and no street lighting for quite a way.
My front light draws in the moths and bugs a treat, last time i was out i had a close one with a sodding great hornet.
So for now im only out during the day.... (till i get some clear glasses)

What bike do you ride (just to get an idea of the tyre pressure required)?

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
What pressure are you trying to reach? And what sort of valve is on your tubes?

Presta only: Specialized Air Tool Road - used to be a tenner, reliably reaches 100psi, but no guage.

Presta or Schrader: Topeak Road Morph G - pricey (£30ish?) but does high pressures, works like a mini trackpump, accurate gauge.

Presta or Schrader: Topeak Road Master Blaster - (£20ish) old fashioned frame pump - does high pressure easily, doesn't need a bracket, no guage.

Avoid: Any cheap mini pump. My garage is full of the blasted things - useless for anything other than putting a few psi into newly patched tubes.

PpPete

Legendary Member

gbb

Legendary Member
Get a frame pump, lost count of the number of times I have had to lend mine out on a ride because someone is struggling to get any meaningful pressure into their rear tyre with a mini pump.
Agreed.
I tested some mini pumps, Topeak summat or other and a SKS one. Both used almost the same amount of strokes to inflate to really quite good pressures....but you needed in excess of 200 strokes. TBH, i returned to my frame pump (Zefal). No brackets, inflates to really good pressures in 1/4 of the time a mini pump takes and reliable.

Glasses ? I use Bolle Vipers, but there's plenty in the range.
If you've seen some in a DIY shop Big Boy, go for them if you're happy with the look.

OP
OP
B

Big boy

In reply to mr angelfish, my bike is a hyrid it came with 700x32 on i think.
Its now got 28x700 shcwallabe s 85psi max.

musa

Über Member
Anything in region of 25quid plus a co2 pump package I got topeak racerocket get it cheaper in Evans with price match

Top Bottom