What pedal type do you use?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brodie

totallyfixed said:
I agree with most of what has been said to date and reinforce the sensible advice that if you are thinking of taking up that pure art form of riding which we the converted know as fixed, do not ride with laced shoes. I would not advocate them even if you say they are tucked away, because if they do come loose.....:laugh: :biggrin:

Laces are absolutely fine, as long as you tuck the loose ends in and use a double knot, which you should do with cycling shoes anyway.

Riders have been using shoes with laces and the fixed wheel long before the current trendy "fixie" fad.

D

Deleted member 1258

brodie said:
Laces are absolutely fine, as long as you tuck the loose ends in and use a double knot, which you should do with cycling shoes anyway.

Riders have been using shoes with laces and the fixed wheel long before the current trendy "fixie" fad.

I don't think there was much choice when I first rode fixed in the late 1980's, we used shoes with laces. My present fixed, Pearson touche, is used as my transport fitted with toe clips and straps and gets used with trainers and work boots as well as cycle shoes, I just make sure the laces are well tied and well tucked out of the way.

Rhys_Po

Time Atac Aliums on my Pearson. Practically indestructible, and large enough to flat-pedal without cleats if I'm going somewhere where I can't be arsed to take another pair of shoes.

Top Bottom