What pedal type do you use?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I am using Look Keo which is compatable with my geared bike, however this causes a couple of niggles when I'm on my fixed [which these days is most of the time] xx(
If you don't clip in first time cos your trackstand failed......not me of course just talking hypothetically!! Not easy when in a bunch to get that cleat in once you are rolling. Also I'm finding the cleats are wearing out too quickly despite having cleat covers. Don't want to go spd because I have good shoes right now and the only other double side option appears to be speedplay, but sooo expensive.
Is there an alternative?

I use SPD's, 'cos that is what is on my other bikes and I can only be bothered getting 1 pair of shoes. If I were to start fitting out all my bikes again, I would go for either Time ATAC or Crank Brothers

zimzum42

Legendary Member
I use LOOK Delta, I think they are more hardwearing than KEOs.

Never have any problems with them, clipping in is fine, just got to get into them while rolling slowly....

bonj2

totallyfixed said:
I am using Look Keo which is compatable with my geared bike, however this causes a couple of niggles when I'm on my fixed [which these days is most of the time] :smile:
If you don't clip in first time cos your trackstand failed......not me of course just talking hypothetically!! Not easy when in a bunch to get that cleat in once you are rolling. Also I'm finding the cleats are wearing out too quickly despite having cleat covers. Don't want to go spd because I have good shoes right now and the only other double side option appears to be speedplay, but sooo expensive.
Is there an alternative?

got a pair i don't need you can have cheap-ish, haven't got cleats though.
they're great for fixed, you can clip in when the pedal is on the way up.

Thanks bonj, but [and I think this is the only pedal where this is true] it's the cleats that are the expensive part plus I would need 2 pairs of pedals or another pair of shoes. For me personally, when I am on fixed for 100 miles + I need comfy shoes and when I find a good pair I stick with them. Still considering it though, must be someone else out there who is using speedplay on fixed
www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/.../pedals/.../zero-11507

pjm

Keos for me too, I agree they are horrible when pulling away but its worth the sacrifice for the comfort and security of the attachment for me. To mitigate the difficulty of pulling away, I've settled on holding onto a lamp-post to set off outside the house and looking for a piece of road furniture to support myself on at lights and can generally get away for most of a ride without unclipping.

Top Bottom