what pumps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oliver

i currently have a pump for my road bike but it strugles to get anything past 50-60psi before making an anoing hissing sound and not pumping

i was wondering if anyone had any recomendations for a pump that can do 110psi - preferably cheaper the better

scouserinlondon

I have a bontranger track pump, under £20 from Evans, does the job.

Martok

Klingon on a bike
If you're after a floor pump (and I'd highly recommend you get one if you haven't already) then I use a Topeak Joe Blow Sport, which does up to 160psi. £27.99 from Evans

If it's a pump to carry with you for topping up when needed etc, then I use a Topeak Mini Master Blaster Mini DXG Pump which has a guage and a SmartHead™ which fits Presta or Schrader valves automatically without having to fiddle around. £17.59 from Wiggle

georgiebuzz

+1 for Topeak, but I have the Morph Turbo. It gets to 120 psi without too much trouble. These days I do keep it on my mountain bike, and use a Second Wind C02 pump on my road bike but the Topeak is used to keep my tyres at the right pressure (easy to use and has a pressure gauge) but prefer to go a bit more lightweight on my road bike.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Hand pump - Blackburn Air stick Carbon (for a bit of flash), or Decathlon's Clever 900 (the Decathlon one is heavy - makes a good commuter pump though).

Track pump - get a good one - I have a Silca pump from 20 years ago that still works great.

Norm

Browser said:
I've just got a Topeak Road Morph G , superb bit of kit, does my tyres up to 110 psi no bother.
I bought one of these earlier after my old pump gave up on me yesterday and I was helped out by my riding buddy who had the Road Morph G. Excellent piece of kit.

PpPete

Legendary Member
Martok said:
If you're after a floor pump (and I'd highly recommend you get one if you haven't already) then I use a Topeak Joe Blow Sport, which does up to 160psi.

Excellent pump IMO. 120psi no problem.

Rather less impressed with the Topeak Mini with Gauge. The "push" stroke is fine, but I really dislike the "dual action" as it's really hard to pull once the pressure gets up to about 80psi. Wish I'd got a Road Morph to take out on rides.

stevepratt48

Try a smear of vaseline (Oooooh, Matron!) around the pump piston seal, before you give up, makes a huge difference!
I use Topeak master blaster (Ally body, A1)

Sun Superlight

I use a Specialized Air Tool road pump and have found it to be reliable and also reasonably priced at around £12. (for presta valves only)
Achieving 90psi with it is easy, 110psi takes just a little effort.
(It seems to be available at all the Specialized Bike stockists that I've been in)

ASC1951

Guru
stevepratt48 said:
Try a smear of vaseline around the pump piston seal, before you give up, makes a huge difference!
Top tip, there.

I usually go months between punctures out on the road. Having been caught out once, I now dismantle my Blackburn every few weeks and re-grease the piston floating seal. I use silicon grease rather than Vaseline, on the perhaps spurious grounds that petroleum jelly gradually rots any rubber compounds; it's a hangover from diving days.

Top Bottom