What Radio Drama are you Listening to?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
I used to listen to 4 Extra a lot but I lost interest a bit when they stopped the crime hour. I'm downloading audio books from the library at the minute - I can listen to a book while doing something else.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Does anyone on here listen to radio drama? Largely though not entirely the preserve of Radio 4. Much of it excellent and often sadly neglected. I often download dramas to listen to in the car due having a very long commute once a week.

Yesterday listened to "We're Backing Britain". Based on a true campaign in 1968 and involving Harold Wilson's Government as it reels from devaluation of the pound and rejection of joining the common market. Excellent story, appeared to capture the times very well including the casual sexism. An interesting theme concerning the dangers of hard left infiltration of the Labour Party. Recommended.
I listened to that. There's been some excellent ones but you also get some right clunkers or mad science fictiony-type ones which I avoid, How do you download them though? I tried that but found you have to pay for some of them.

OP
OP
lane

lane

Veteran
BBC Radio I player

https://www.bbc.co.uk/radio

I download them onto my tablet or phone using the BBC Radio I player app available on both apple and android

Yes it dosn't all appeal to me but some of it I really enjoy.

colly

Re member eR
Radio 4 and 4 Extra I listen to while I work. Loads of good dramas and comedy and all sorts of other stuff. Not all to my taste but that's what the off switch is for. Most comedy doesn't age well I find. There are exceptions of course.
Using Iplayer I'm surprised at just how much drama there is and how much stuff I miss. Downloading it for later is OK though.

pjd57

Veteran
I listened to the Archers in my car a lot.
Would deliberately go places at the time it was on.

No car now , so I hardly ever hear it.

Top Bottom