What should you be doing .....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cchapman

I should be out riding, but it's too hot. four days of 115F in the shade, suburban train lines buckled, roads soft and gooey, people frying eggs on the footbath. At least it cools down between 3am and 8 am but the beaches are still crowded all through the night, people stripping off and wading out deep, taking their chances with the circling sharks which never sleep.

I've just finished work. Parked the truck up, done all the paperwork and I should be on the way home, but I'm having a coffee and a rollie before I go.

cchapman

I don't but if i did i'd introduce a special type of visa for Britain's troubled youth. It allows them entry to Australia but they would have to work to get an exit visa. They'd have to support themselves and do one big thing - eg sea-kayak around Tasmania or push bike across the nullabor to prove their worthiness. In the meantime the home country would indemnify them aganst medical costs and prison costs should they misbehave. They would be allowed to mate only with each other. After a year the Australian Government would have the right to sell them back to Britain.
Now is there a smiley for irony?

Top Bottom