What size are my nut's! Track nuts that is?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SS Retro

I am wanting to order some red anodised track nuts for my SS(yes I know its a bit tarty :biggrin: ).

Problem is they seem to come in 10mm and 14mm sizes and I am not sure what size mine are? what does the 14mm and 10mm relate to axle size, the length of the nut? They undo with a 15mm spanner and the velosolo track tool and campag peanut butter track wrench are both 15mm so still no clues, the bike is a Dawes Mono any info greatly received. :smile:

10mm is the axle size,most track nuts are 15mm,
14mm nuts are generally off cheapo wheels like tesco's bikes

I would expect most SS road-like bikes to nowadays have a 9mm front axle and 10mm rear - with both nut sizes requiring a 15mm spanner. 14mm axles are probably some over-sized bmx like thing.

Can you interchange your front and rear nuts?

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Other than taking note of the axle, take note of the widest part of the track nut, I have in the past encountered some with a slightly wider profile that wouldn't seat inside the lawyers lips.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Other than taking note of the axle, take note of the widest part of the track nut, I have in the past encountered some with a slightly wider profile that wouldn't seat inside the lawyers lips.
a good point. One should always ensure one's nuts can get between the lawyer's lips..........

OP
OP
SS Retro

SS Retro

Pictures, where do I buy ?
As requested:

Front.

nuts011.jpg

Rear.

nuts006.jpg

Freshly cleaned after a wet and grimy 20 miles this morning.

nuts002.jpg

Where to buy I got mine from Amazon there savage BMX nuts but you can buy them in a range of colours from e bay, chain reaction, wiggle ect and from brands like Halo with integrated washers. I went for theses as there the cheapest.

Reactions: 4F
Top Bottom