What size do I choose??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Psyclist

Über Member
Ordered an N+1 build/frame yesterday, and the company have requested me to tell them the size which I need. But, I'm stuck.

I have a Forme Longcliffe in 53cm (530 as shown on the geometry chart)

So, which size on the below sizing of the frame below the Longcliffe geo chart, do I choose for my size?

I noticed the t/t is 56.5cm which is where I'm baffled.

Longcliffe 3.0 Geometry Chart:
p4pb9188124.jpg

Flyxii Geometry Chart:
2011030713042454.jpg

Thanks.

simmi

Über Member
I have done a little research into this myself and I have to say it's a minefield.

Some frames are sized to the top of the seat tube other to the center of the top tube and so on.

You also have to consider the length of the top tube so you can get the correct reach for you and the style of riding you will be doing.

I don't think anyone would feel safe to tell you which size frame to choice.

If I were you I would measure your inseam and height in cm and give them a call.

simon.r

Person
Here are two of my bikes. One has a 570mm seat tube, the other has a 630mm seat tube - both measured centre to top. The ETT on the Charge is about 10mm longer than the Pompino (590mm and 580mm resepctively). They both fit me well:smile: Which I think demonstrates that there's a massive range of adjustment that can be made by altering the seat-post and stem, and if you don't mind a bit of fork steerer showing!
pomp 003.JPG
charge.JPG

Edit - I'm 6'2" but have disproportionately long legs (not that disproportionate, I'm not freaky looking!), so in an ideal world I'd probably have a 'large' size frame for the seat tube length and a 'medium' for the top tube length:rolleyes: I'd rather have a shorter stem than an extra long seat-post, but you may prefer otherwise. It's a balancing act for those of us who don't have body shapes that conform to manufacturers norms.

lulubel

Über Member
I'd say the medium is most likely. However, I'm not familiar with either of the bikes, so I'm not sure if they're the same type of bike or whether you'll be using the same style of bars.

If they are, then considering the head tube length and the head and seat tube angles are pretty much the same, you'll probably need a 20mm shorter stem on the new bike to compensate for the 20mm longer top tube.

That assumes your current bike fits you well, of course.

OP
OP
Psyclist

Psyclist

Über Member
I'd say the medium is most likely. However, I'm not familiar with either of the bikes, so I'm not sure if they're the same type of bike or whether you'll be using the same style of bars.

If they are, then considering the head tube length and the head and seat tube angles are pretty much the same, you'll probably need a 20mm shorter stem on the new bike to compensate for the 20mm longer top tube.

That assumes your current bike fits you well, of course.

Thanks, yep, my current bike is a perfect fit.

Top Bottom