Votes: 9 19.1%
  • 35mm

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • 37mm

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • 42mm

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

darth vadar

Über Member
700 x 35c

jack the lad

How much did you say you paid for it? I made my Trackers from old discards from the tip.

I know all about bikes from the tip...

I've got 7 bikes at the moment. 6 of them came from the tip. They include a Colnago, which cost £1, now a fixie. A Holdsworth mtb - now a 'tracker' £5, A Dawes Super Galaxy £4 (did LEJoG on that one), a moulton (£2), a tandem (free) and my lovely Carlton (£5). My wifes, kids and many of my friends and work colleagues and their kids bikes came from the tip too. I gave 15 complete bikes, 8 frames and a transit van full of spares, all from the tip, to Bike Rescue. Your point being...?

The Pompetamine is my first new bike, bought through Cycle to Work. I love it. I love my 'tip bikes' too. But it's nice to have a modern one where everything works as it should! Worth every penny.

zigzag

Veteran
my commuter bike came with schwalbe kojak 700x35, swapped them with marathon+ 700x25 for peace of mind. i like them a lot!

leemo

Commuter
700 x 28mm on my sirrus. Seem quicker than the 35mm I used to have but that was on a different bike and but they werent as high pressure.

28mm seems a good compromise. I run them at 120 back and 110 psi front; they are fairly low resistance but you do feel all the bumps!

Can anyone tell me how 25mm compare to 28? And does anyone know what widths will fit the sirrus with its stock Alex500 rims? I should measure them next time I take the tire off but Im being lazy.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Mine came with 28's, but when the rear wore out I put a bonty hardcase 25 on it, and will do the same at the front. Hybrid schmybrid. Mine's a flat bar road bike. How do they compare? Dunno, the are both quick and grippy. Run at 120 rear and 100 front they're awesome

Hicky

Guru
I've just fitted 23 gatorskins to my sirrus but I had the alexrims replaced with RS10's because the cassette was wobbling excessively and the rear was going out of true far too often (two month old bike out of true four times dodging potholes).

All replacements and trueing done at no expense to me, LBS good service.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
I've just fitted 23 gatorskins to my sirrus but I had the alexrims replaced with RS10's because the cassette was wobbling excessively and the rear was going out of true far too often (two month old bike out of true four times dodging potholes).

All replacements and trueing done at no expense to me, LBS good service.

Excellent LBS there, always good to hear about positives like that

Top Bottom