What spices do you add to your omelettes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Most people tend to overcoook omelettes, they then become leathery and hard. Cook them on a low heat and turn them while still not set, then remove from heat. You’ll get a more ‘scrambled egg’ experience.
Why not just stick to scrambled eggs? :hungry: (with pepper and salt).

Cook with butter but no milk on a really low heat continually stirring with a wooden spoon. DO NOT LET THE EGGS SET INTO A SOLID SPONGY BLOB.

Tribansman

Veteran
Lots. Turmeric, cumin, asafoetida, paprika, hot chilli powder + garlic granules (fry them all in the oil/butter before adding the egg) then fresh chilli and hot sauce on the inside (usually with softened tomatoes, red onion and lashings of cheese).

Mrs T thinks it's an abomination; I love lots of spices with eggs. I also do an egg curry ... dal/curry base with three or four soft boiled eggs quartered and added for last 5 mins

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Why not just stick to scrambled eggs? :hungry: (with pepper and salt).

Cook with butter but no milk on a really low heat continually stirring with a wooden spoon. DO NOT LET THE EGGS SET INTO A SOLID SPONGY BLOB.
In fact I do mostly. I was just giving the tip for those that like omlette.

A good tip for creamy scrambled egg is to whisk it up in blender.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Either salt & pepper or light Soy Sauce & pepper.

I have known others to add a dash of milk to their eggs when whisking, It supposedly makes it a bit more smooth or 'creamier'

Not very adventurous i know but its not often we eat omelettes in my household.

Top Bottom