What spices do you add to your omelettes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
My ingredients are pretty standard eg mushroom, onion, tomato, cheese etc but I try to vary the spices.
Yesterday's was smoked paprika and white pepper........it was very nice and tasty.

Chief Broom

Veteran
I cooked a mushroom omelette yesterday and added one clove of chopped garlic, black pepper, salt and a dusting of chillie powder Im careful not to overcook the garlic and add to the mushrooms just before the beaten egg goes in.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
I cooked a mushroom omelette yesterday and added one clove of chopped garlic, black pepper, salt and a dusting of chillie powder Im careful not to overcook the garlic and add to the mushrooms just before the beaten egg goes in.
Yep, I enjoy and often add garlic but confess to cooking it well with the onion.
I try not to add salt to my recipes although some do need a touch.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
One variation I discovered recently was to layer the pan with sliced tomatoe, cook them and then add the beaten eggs with a bit of Italian herbs and garlic if you like. You get something of a pizza but without the dough.

D

Deleted member 26715

Nothing I don't like Omelettes, but I like scrambled eggs, even I don't understand that one.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Nothing I don't like Omelettes, but I like scrambled eggs, even I don't understand that one.
Most people tend to overcoook omelettes, they then become leathery and hard. Cook them on a low heat and turn them while still not set, then remove from heat. You’ll get a more ‘scrambled egg’ experience.

Whenever I meet a chef I ask for their omlette recipe.
My current state of the art omlette is cooked with mushrooms/onions/bacon/pineapple whatever, grated cheese and maybe thyme or oregano or provencal mix. I fry in the pan then grill but undercook. Omlettes continue to cook in the pan when removed from heat.

Once a Wheeler

…always a wheeler
Cayenne pepper.

presta

Guru
I buy my herbs and spices from Tesco too. They need to up their quality control standards, I reckon at least 30% of those jars have the seal leaking because the adhesive hasn't been spread round the rim of the jar evenly. The lids are useless too, they're not airtight, so I store all mine in 75g fish paste jars. Cayenne pepper in particular loses a lot of its bite after it's been exposed to the air for a while.

Top Bottom