Where do you Ebikers charge your batteries

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kfoto

Regular
I have been charging my MacBook Pro for more than 10 years and never had a problem. I also charge two large Android Tablets which cut out at 100% automatically same as the laptop. The ebike battery is a Hailong and charge it with charger supplied by Yosepower in the house with no problems. To aid cooling as suggested mount off the floor, so I stand mine on a large heatsink.

classic33

Leg End Member
Mahle X35 advice

3. Storage Do not leave batteries unused for extended periods of time, either in the bike or in the storage. • The storage temperature should stay ideally around 20ºC (room temperature) and with a relative humidity of less than 80%. It is important to avoid exceeding a temperature of 25ºC, as doing so may cause irreversible damage to the battery. Therefore, it is essential to monitor and control the storage environment to prevent any potential damage to the battery. o Store the battery or eBike and the charger always in a dry and cool environment, away from any heating source, flammable materials, flame accelerator or corrosive gas. o Don’t expose the battery to cold temperatures for extended periods of time. • If you are going to store the battery or eBike for long term, make sure to keep their State of Charge (SOC) level between 30% and 60% in order to avoid accelerated deterioration of your battery. Never store the battery or eBike (long term) with SoC below 30% or over 90%. Keep in mind that batteries self-discharges during storage. Be sure to check this level, at least every 6 months (180 days), to confirm that the State of Charge is in these values. • During extended storage or long periods without using the bike (12 months), please charge the battery to 70-80% Status of charge. Please, include a supplementary charge to 50% SOC every 6 months to prevent over-discharge. Not following these advices might have a direct impact on the battery life. It is important to follow these storage advices

Used to be 20 - 80% long time storage, now 30 - 60%, but later states 20 - 80%? Confusing or what? And how do you give a supplementary charge to 50% if you've followed instructions to keep it charged?
On a train last week, from Leeds, where you could feel the heat coming from the large battery filling the space between the three main frame tubes.
Thermal camera showed the battery at over 30°C.

Top Bottom