What Tips and Tricks can you give me?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My understanding of "bent legs" is ........
Because you are not as bent over, your Gluteal don't work as much/as well compared to a DF. So you have rely more on your Quads. This causes your max power to be down a little.
Also it's also harder to change how the muscle groups work by changing position, you cannot get out of the saddle to honk up a hill. This causes you to become fatigued slightly faster.
Put those two points together and it takes a few hundred miles on a new bent to get fully fit.

But I could be completely wrong ...... :tongue:

stuee147

iv found that i seem to use my hips more on a trike than i ever did on an upright and i find it work my chest more as i breath deeper but i think thats just because on a standard bike your mre bent over so deep breathes are harder to take but thats just me maybe i ride funny but i honestly belive you do use different mussle groups on a trike but thats just me lol

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
It was my hamstrings that used to cramp up in my early 'bent days.
ouch2.gif
Not nearly as bad now but I'm still wary ... :unsure:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
It was my hamstrings that used to cramp up in my early 'bent days.
ouch2.gif
Not nearly as bad now but I'm still wary ... :unsure:

You may know this, but quinine alleviates cramp.

I believe the pro roadies take tablets, but slurping tonic water is just as good for the likes of us.

OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
Didn't know that - thanks ! :okay: I like tonic too - and I thought I read somewhere that it's a good recovery drink - maybe for that reason (so maybe I did know it :unsure:)

Does it work as well with a little gin in the tonic ? :whistle:
only if you include lemon and don't mix it with morphine*...

*luckily I don't like gin, just tonic....

PS - Look at the label - not all tonic waters have quinine in them - Scweps do

Top Bottom