What to do in Cambridge?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've got to pop down to Cambridge on Monday for a meeting. Unfortunately, due to time constraints etc, I have to fly down and back at the expense of Mother Nature!

However, I arrive at Stansted about 3 hours before I need to be at my meeting in Cambridge and I have to catch the flight back 2.5 hours after the meeting ends.

How long does it take to get from Stansted to Cambridge? and what could I do in Cambridge to keep me amused with the limited time I have?

I may bring my helmet camera.....;):tongue:

ChrisKH

Guru
By God you could cycle that. What is it 45 kilometres? :tongue:;) Unless you already are, in which case you'll be busy cycling!

Mind you, don't want to end up all sweaty before an important meet.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Cambridge to Stanstead is about twenty miles. or you could wander around the colleges, or take one of the tourist bus trips around the city.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Uncle Mort said:
Every time I go to Cambridge I go out with a load of old mates and get pleasantly drunk - you could try that?

My favourite pub in Cambridge is the St. Radegunde just off of Midsummer Common. I only use it after the London to Cambridge ride, but it is unique.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

I am definitely not taking the bike. That would probably cost a few quid on Easyjet!

Hmm. Pubs. I could certainly pop into a pub afterwards. What are the decent ones and who will buy me a pint.....oh wait a minute, shouldn't I see some sites? ;)

Wobbly John

Veteran
You could try to count how many bikes are in the station car bike park...

... although it might be a problem if you only have 4 hours. ;)

Smeggers

Its always cold, windy and full of nasty posh stoooodents on bikes.

Go to Hull instead.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
One word of caution about Stanstead. Make you sure you arrive in plenty of time for your flight back as getting through the security checks can sometimes take chuffing ages due to shortages of staff !

Maz

Guru
You could visit one of the colleges which opens its grounds to the public (e.g. King's). Visit one of the museums, take the tour bus or something.

It should be hotting up with loads of tourists this time of year.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Smeggers said:
Its always cold, windy and full of nasty posh stoooodents on bikes.

Go to Hull instead.

Yeah, good advice. Hull's warm and dry, and full of students walking around the town with no bikes, 'cos the chavs have nicked 'em!:thumbsup:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Anyone remember the Housemartins album London 0, Hull 4 ?
Good album, that.
41tMnXzp7uL._SS500_.jpg

Top Bottom