What to eat, and when? I`m stumped.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
You need an iron will and faultless discipline. Without it nothing will work.

I compromise. I eat a little of the bad stuff, but don't let it take over my entire diet. I run a lot now, and keep my waist line in check. I've found that for me a mile of running is worth ten on the bike for keeping my dimensions his I want them.

I'll never be a Mr Slimcea as a 191 cm mesomorph, but I can make damn sure I don't turn into Eric Pickles either.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
I eat/drink a Huel shake in the mornings. A pint of water, a banana or two, maybe a pear and a beetroot all whizzed up into a shake. Sometimes I’ll treat myself and put coffee or chocolate powder in. When I can afford it, I like some spirulina added. Lovey green colour.

Otherwise, my diet is pretty normal and balanced. I don’t take alcohol at all, but I like good, fresh coffee.

Last edited:
OP
OP
I
Hmmm some interesting reading.

I`ve been and bought tomorrow`s food (I always shop daily so that is nothing new), I will be having porridge when I get to work, I`ll pick up some fruit to eat during the day, lunch is chicken and salad, evening meal is a couple of venison burgers, mixed roasted veg, brocolli, and potatoes. I suppose I`ll have to up my mileage too which won`t be easy because 200 hilly miles per week is pretty knackering as it is.

I`m not a runner.................:wacko::laugh:

david k

Hi
Following on from my 5:2 thread (which I couldn`t do), I`m looking for some ideas........................please:scratch:

I`m 14st at the moment, and am desperate to get down to 12st. I tried the 5:2 thing, and it`s hopeless, I end up so hungry I just feel weak, and when I go to bed I`m so hungry that I can`t sleep. Cross that off the list.

Thought about fat club, but can`t do the evenings that they run it. Cross that off the list

Cycling 200 miles (ish) per week means that my cycling fitness is good, but without the blubber I could be a lot faster. I even got told last week that I looked nothing like a cyclist, "oh you ride do you?"

So, on a normal weekday I get up, dress, and get straight on the bike to work, I usually eat when I get there. The ride in is 11 miles. Then in the evenings the ride home is between 18 and 25 miles. I usually relax at weekends unless my mate wants company for a ride, or there`s beer involved!

I can`t get it right. I either eat to little and end up ravenous (then give up), or eat too much and the weight just sits there. I`m looking for suggestions on what to eat, and when to eat it please, and now I`m up for trying anything, as long as I`m not starving hungry, and I`m fueled enough to turn the pedals. There isn`t much I don`t like, so I would be eternally grateful for any ideas/suggestions.

I`ve also tried MFP before with limited success, but don`t have the time or inclination for all the calorie counting and spending half my life on the website.

Thanks all:okay:

Have you considered looking at calorie density? The idea is you can eat until full but using less calorie dense foods.

By chance they tend to be fruit, veg etc.

Hmmm some interesting reading.

I`ve been and bought tomorrow`s food (I always shop daily so that is nothing new), I will be having porridge when I get to work, I`ll pick up some fruit to eat during the day, lunch is chicken and salad, evening meal is a couple of venison burgers, mixed roasted veg, brocolli, and potatoes. I suppose I`ll have to up my mileage too which won`t be easy because 200 hilly miles per week is pretty knackering as it is.

I`m not a runner.................:wacko::laugh:

If you are still reading this...
Porridge: Small porridge pack with various flavours are not the same as bulk by (05-1 Kg) bags. Those falvoured ones contain lots of additives. Stick to simple oat.
Dinner: Now we understand where it all goes wrong! Sorry.
May I suggest that you cook dinner. Something like pasta or rice or something like that.

There is another aspect to what people have suggested here which is often ignored or forgotten in the debate.
That is what we suggested here is good for your bank balance too. You will be amazed how little it cost if you cook for yourself. For example, porridge 1Kg cost less than a pound and it will last you at least 2 weeks.

OP
OP
I
If you are still reading this...
Porridge: Small porridge pack with various flavours are not the same as bulk by (05-1 Kg) bags. Those falvoured ones contain lots of additives. Stick to simple oat.
Dinner: Now we understand where it all goes wrong! Sorry.
May I suggest that you cook dinner. Something like pasta or rice or something like that.

There is another aspect to what people have suggested here which is often ignored or forgotten in the debate.
That is what we suggested here is good for your bank balance too. You will be amazed how little it cost if you cook for yourself.
I didn`t say it was that crappy oversweet sachet porridge. I do eat the normal stuff?

And what`s wrong with the rest of it?

I didn`t say it was that crappy oversweet sachet porridge. I do eat the normal stuff?

And what`s wrong with the rest of it?

Sorry, If I offend you, talking about food is very personal.
Good to hear that you are not eating sweetened porridge. I said this because I have seen many people who make porridge at work use these packets.
Regarding dinner. one burger will contain at least 350 if not more calories. I do not count calories but make a conscious decisions based on that information.
Your lunch?

Julia9054

Guru
I eat the crapy oversweet porridge sachets every day. Not as nice as the proper stuff my mum makes but i eat when i get to work and only have access to a kettle. Fills me up until lunch time though. Banana sandwich and a yoghurt for lunch and then a proper tea when i get home.
Or if it's a long day, school dinner and pudding and then nothing when i get home.

OP
OP
I
Good to hear that you are not eating sweetened porridge. I said this because I have seen many people who make porridge at work use these packets.
Regarding dinner. one burger will contain at least 350 if not more calories. I do not count calories but make a conscious decisions based on that information.
Your lunch?
They are 180 calories each, totalling 650 calories for the entire meal. I don`t consider that excessive for an evening meal when I`ve just done a 35 mile commute

OP
OP
I
I eat the crapy oversweet porridge sachets every day. Not as nice as the proper stuff my mum makes but i eat when i get to work and only have access to a kettle. Fills me up until lunch time though. Banana sandwich and a yoghurt for lunch and then a proper tea when i get home.
Or if it's a long day, school dinner and pudding and then nothing when i get home.
I can`t stand the smell of that sachet stuff, people at work have it, it smells too sicklyxx(

OP
OP
I
Your lunch?
Lunch is chicken and salad, as I said

Top Bottom