What to eat

• Thread starter Deleted member 20519
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 20519

I know this has probably been asked a thousand times but I'm in need of some guidance. I'm trying to eat healthy, and I want to eat healthy so it begs the question, what do I eat?

This is what I currently eat -

Breakfast -
Porridge/Bran Flakes (with green/semi skimmed milk)
Banana

Lunch -
Egg/Yoghurt/Sausage
Fruit (Apple, Grapes, Melon)

Dinner -
Chicken/Veg/Something Nice

Is there anything there that I shouldn't be eating and is there anything not there that I should be? I'm just trying to lose some weight and be a bit more efficient when I'm cycling.

Thanks! :thanks:

Nebulous

Guru
That's fairly close to my diet on a non-cycling week day, and its done me alright! The only thing I would cut out is the sausage. I try to limit processed meat as much as possible. A useful snack is mixed nuts and dried fruit. Sainsburys do a very cost effective unsalted range. You need to be aware of portion control though. I find if I cut down somewhere it is easy to add more somewhere else. When I first stopped buying shop made sandwiches at lunch and moved to fruit I found that I was eating more in my evening meal.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Drop the sausage (or replace it with a bit of bacon) - the rest looks ok. Maybe add some fish and greek yogurt. I would prob have a bit of pasta here and there too.

Sandra6

Veteran
It is possible you're not eating enough. If you're cycling or doing other exercise you need fuel to burn.
I would definitely cut out the sausage though.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

Great, I'll cut out the sausage and I'll figure out something to replace it with. I'd be up for eating pasta aswell, Sittingduck.

'cutting out the sausage' will probably do sod-all for your weight loss targets. If you could answer the question I asked earlier, you might get some more helpful replies..?

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Never cut out the sausage, it just leads to deflated dumplings.

-----------------------------------
Sent mobile phone stylee

Top Bottom