What to get for that sweaty head?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Martok

Klingon on a bike
I'm one of those guys who is naturally bald (one of the side effects of being a virile male :angry:) and I'm sure that there are a few others on the Cyclechat forums who are equally as gifted. :becool:

Anyway, one disadvantage I have found, particularly this weekend, is that I sweat a lot from my noggin. It was particularly bad this time, so much so that there were big drips coming off it during the day whilst cycling (or rather when at a standstill). When I got home, I took off my cycle helmet and put it to one side and mopped myself down. When I came to move my cycle helmet later I discovered a rather large wet patch under it. :wacko:

So the question I have to all the other baldies on here - what do you wear on your head when cycling to keep the sweat at bay? Bandana? Something else? I'm looking for something that I can wear under my cycle helmet of course, I wouldn't ride without that.

:becool:

Coco

Buff! ideal for Summer or Winter.

Frozen buff!

Wet and wring, put in plastic bag and then place in freezer compartment. THen when leaving place in small sandwich box

When I commute, it is wonderful to crack it open half way home and place ice cold buff onto hot and sweaty pate!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Scull cap (like a buff) - soaks sweat up (but I use it under the lid - would look daft if I didn't wear a lid). Buff if no lid perhaps !

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Buff for me too - I'm a complete convert now :evil:

OP
OP
Martok

Martok

Klingon on a bike
Thanks for the replies, most helpful. :smile:

ianrauk said:
^ as above.. a Buff is your answer. Pirate stylee innit?
I'm embarrassed to say I didn't know what a buff was until I looked it up. :evil: As it is, I have one, in fact the same Cycling Plus one that you were wearing today!

Cunobelin said:
Frozen buff!

Wet and wring, put in plastic bag and then place in freezer compartment. THen when leaving place in small sandwich box

When I commute, it is wonderful to crack it open half way home and place ice cold buff onto hot and sweaty pate!
I really like the idea of that, my head gets so hot at times, cracking a cold buff on it mid-ride sounds fantastic! :evil:

andyhunter said:
sweat band not work ?
Nope, not enough for me, the top of my head gets rather wet and the sweat band doesn't soak it all up.

fossyant said:
Scull cap (like a buff) - soaks sweat up (but I use it under the lid - would look daft if I didn't wear a lid). Buff if no lid perhaps !
I have a Sealz skullcap but this is a windproof one with bits to cover the ears and is therefore great in the autumn/winter. It's far too hot to wear in late spring/summer though. I didn't know you could get thinner ones for the hotter weather? If so, then do let me know what type they are. Thanks. :biggrin:

OP
OP
Martok

Martok

Klingon on a bike
Well I decided to go for a Buff and have ordered three from Evans Cycles. Chainreactioncycles.com had them £2 cheaper each but Evans do a price match, so got them from there as I already have an account.

In the meantime, I'll play some more with the Cycling Plus buff I've got. Got to try out the different ways to wear it

howtowearabuff-supp.jpg

and perfect the pirate look. Arrrrrrrrrr!

pirate2_4.gif

Top Bottom