What to take with you

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Track standing in the slips! :smile:

Danny

Legendary Member
bonj said:
things you NEED (to take with you):
spare tube(s)
pump (mini pump or frame pump)
tyre lever.

things you COULD DO WITH:
multitool
pedals/shoes
track pump (left at home)

I don't think he'll get very far if he doesn't have pedals or tries to ride in bare feet :smile:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
What you need, young'un, if budget's an issue, is ebay and a bit of patience. My shopping list was much like yours; here's what I paid. All these prices incl p&P, and it's all quality (Shimano, Ritchey etc) gear in 'as new' condition

pedals (Ritchey SPD, brand new) 6
shoes (Shimano, worn 4 times) 13
jersey 6.15
shorts 4.50
track pump (that *was* new) 18
mini pump (that *was* new) 6
frame bag never got one - use jersey pockets

I make that a bit over 50 squids.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
jashburnham said:
I'd add a Co2 inflator to that list, i use one in tandem with a minipump that fits in a jersey pocket. I use this: http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ProductDeta...ID=5360018215&N=Innovations Air Chuck SL Pump And buy the cartridges from here: http://www.tyreinflators.co.uk/co2-cartridges-16gm/pack-of-5-threaded-16gm-co2/prod_235.html

Just as a question, but why take two pumps? Why not just use a mini-pump or a frame pump when your out. They would still work out lighter then taking a mini-pump and a Co2 pump and would cost less and require less of the cartridges.

jashburnham

Joe24 said:
Just as a question, but why take two pumps? Why not just use a mini-pump or a frame pump when your out. They would still work out lighter then taking a mini-pump and a Co2 pump and would cost less and require less of the cartridges.

Because Co2 is so fast, you cannot get up to pressure with a minipump, but i carry it to:
1: Get a little air in the tubes to aid installation
2: In case I have a nightmare and run out of Co2

At home I just use a trackpump. Refuse to use a framepump purely for asthetic reasons!

Top Bottom