What to wear?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Moon bunny

Judging your grammar.
So! We have a couple of 1930s bikes in the last stages of reassembly, looking forwards to gentle lakeside rides in the summer, nothing too strenuous for the bikes, or us. But what to wear, normal non-lycra cycling clothes, or 1930s costume, Argyll jumpers, etc. What do you wear if you go out on bicycles of a past era?

midlife

Guru
Bygone Bikes might have some suggestions :smile:

Shaun

image.jpeg

sidevalve

Über Member
you are allowed to wear whatever you want
Not sure if that's the question here though ^_^ If you want to 'look the part' for the 30s bikes it's plain shorts and maybe open necked shirt [white for the chaps of course] although there are many suppliers of period 'team' gear on E Bay and that would look good too [check pics of the early TDF riders for the sort of thing - then as now riders always wanted to look cool].

tyred

Legendary Member
Flat cap, tweed jacket, plus 4s, leather brogues and the obligatory Woodbine.:okay:

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Cycling togs in the 1930s look a bit dull really. http://cycleseven.org/1930s-cyclists

Unlike the 1950s, when you could have knitted a lovely outfit for your other half. A yellow jersey, no less.

View attachment 125482
That is stunning and just look how happy he is, I regularly enjoy myself on my bike but this fella......
I've been having a little look and considering getting something a little more old school, bike and clothes, partly because it looks bloody great but I think it'd really annoy some people too. I do like this type of thing;
londonpipe1.jpg

A little warm for everyday use but absolutely smashing.

Top Bottom