What tools do you carry when out for a ride.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
Angle grinder, bolt croppers, gas axe, pillar drill, English wheel.
And what do you carry when you're cycling? We don't care what you take around town.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Sometimes just a tube, if the bike has a pump, otherwise a tube and CO2 canister. Many of my bikes have nutted axles (Brompton, vintage frames, SA hubs) for which I have a VeloSolo alloy 15mm spanner. On long rides with no bail-out option I might add a multi-tool.

I can generally pull tyres off without levers.

Gixxerman

Guru
Topeak mini morph pump
Topeak Alien3 multi-tool (has a chain breaker)
Spare tube
Puncture repair kit
2 tyre levers
Powerlink chain link
Presta to Schrader convertor just in case my pump fails so I can use a Schrader pump which more people will have available (garages / houses etc.).

Last edited:

froze

Über Member
In the saddle bag I carry Soma Steel Core tire levers, a Park MTB3.2 multi tool, a small and cheap folding pliers, spare tube; then inside a Altoids tin that also goes in the saddle bag I have a presta to schrader converter, tire boot patch, $40 in cash, ID card, spare batteries for the computer, formerly a glueless patch box used to carry variety of meds just in case, glueless patches, butterfly stitches, and house key (I may be missing some minor stuff).

On the touring bike I have another larger seat bag with all the same stuff as above except more cash, add a VAR nylon tire lever, a spare tire tightly folded and rubber banded together, 3 FiberFix spokes, about 3 feet of duct tape wrapped around the box the spare tube is in, and 4 zip ties.

I carry a pump on both bikes, but I carry an extra pump on the touring bike which goes in a pannier.

I designed the Altoid tin to fit my needs but I got the idea from this: http://www.instructables.com/id/Bycicle-Survival-Kit-/

Top Bottom