What Track Pump

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I only really do the Miss Goodbody stuff in the cafe :okay: I 'like' posts that mention it elsewhere, but (usually) try to keep it to the caff
I guess you're allowed to have a bit of actual grown up conversation from time to time.

My post complaining to you is just a fun way of pointing out that there exists plenty of pump-related innuendo, without actually having to mention any of it. :okay:

Tin Pot

Guru
Joe Blow Sport

autolycus

Über Member
I just got a Topeak Joe Blow Max HP Floor Pump from Amazon for £16.21 delivered. It's back up to £25 now, but worth sticking in your basket and keeping an eye on it if you want one ;-) Seems a really nice pump btw.

OP
OP
B

Broadsword

Thanks for all the replies. I have today been out and have purchased one that fits the bill perfectly, a Giant Control Tower 2. It pumps so much easier than the old Raleigh pump that I was using, which must be 30 years old. I am around the 87 kg mark so I'm trying the rear at 110 psi to see how that goes, with a bit less in the front. I'll adjust pressures if needs be..

Ajax Bay

Guru
Are there any recommendations as to which pump I might go for?
[Tuesday]

I have purchased one that fits the bill perfectly, a Giant Control Tower 2.
[Thursday]

Glad you found one @Broadsword . A mite sorry that, for you, all the recommendations were of little use, but perhaps others following can benefit from other people's experience and views.

Whichever one you get make sure that it can be opened up and that spares are available.

One that can't, even if cheap, is a false economy as a malfunctioning pump can often be sorted by somethjing as simple as regreasing an O ring.

I stupidly paid about £65 for a spesh super super track pump - after a few years I had a problem which my normal servicing couldn't sort (needed a spare bit) and asked in a spesh shop. The twonk in the shop loooked at me like I was so last century and pretty much said what do you expect with something over 4 years old - it's discontinued. And I always had a pretty good impression of the company - they aren't getting much more of my money.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Whichever one you get make sure that it can be opened up and that spares are available.

One that can't, even if cheap, is a false economy as a malfunctioning pump can often be sorted by somethjing as simple as regreasing an O ring.

I stupidly paid about £65 for a spesh super super track pump - after a few years I had a problem which my normal servicing couldn't sort (needed a spare bit) and asked in a spesh shop. The twonk in the shop loooked at me like I was so last century and pretty much said what do you expect with something over 4 years old - it's discontinued. And I always had a pretty good impression of the company - they aren't getting much more of my money.
So basically what you're saying is buy a Rennkompressor.

I thought i'd leave that to others. I do know that the joe blow sport is always well recommended but don't have one myself so didn't feel it fair to chip in with it myself.

Fair enough?

Top Bottom