What TV are you watching?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by AndyRM, 18 Feb 2016.

1. Globalti

Globalti Legendary Member

We watched Alba last night and saw a couple of fantastic programmes on Isla and Jura and on the Crinan canal.

I learned that the Gaelic word for water is uisge (where whisky comes from) and the word for reservoir is store-uisge!

meta lon likes this.
  2. meta lon

meta lon Guru

I just dont know why they think having a totally incompetent corrupt DCI to make Morse look more intelligent and honest was neccesary . Morse is odd, and his old boss is now traffic.. Really.
    I started to fall asleep ill watch the other half later.. It needs to improve

NorthernDave and roadrash like this.
  3. Charlotte Alice Button

Charlotte Alice Button Specialized Super Fan

He just seems totally incompetent and doesn't investigate properly.

I wasn't too keen on the Apollo one, I re watched it again with mum last night and it all slotted into place!

NorthernDave and roadrash like this.
  4. Lullabelle

Lullabelle Banana

We watched Hospital, a retired lady has been told her cancer has returned, not easily treatable. Where do you go from there :sad:

5. Grant Fondo

Grant Fondo 'Real Life, and Postcard Views, Europe Endless'

(RANDOM ALERT) Robert Fripp on Youtube 'The New World'.
    Wimbornes finest.

6. American Loggers.
    Doing a lot of late night/early morning junk TV at the moment and came across this pearl of originality.
    Repetitive shots, speeded up film and 'could happen' moments.
    Sort of like Ice Road Truckers but without the scripted characters.

7. JtB

JtB Executive Rooster

Gave up on Arrow (Amazon Prime) for reasons already mentioned by others here. It’s one of those series you watch with a miss placed optimism that it must get better, but it just gets worse with every season to the point of becoming unwatchable.

However White Collar and New Amsterdam (also Amazon Prime) are two series worthy of mention, currently enjoying both very much.

Last edited: 24 Feb 2019
    NorthernDave likes this.
  8. Building Alaska.
    Or not... Bitching, whining, everything broke or breaking. Usual time wasting, dick waving snore fest.

9. meta lon

meta lon Guru

Subura blood on Rome s2
    This is dubbed and will follow the film theme.. It should be good though as it has the same actors, mostly

So far so good after E1

Last edited: 25 Feb 2019
  10. roadrash

roadrash cycle chatterer

Endeavor again tonight maybe fred will banjo the slimy b@st@rd tonight :boxing:

11. NorthernDave

NorthernDave Never used Über Member

There was an interview with Shaun Evans a few weeks ago to promote the new series.
    In it he said a major part of the series would be discovering how Fred Thursday, his old boss and mentor, who must have played a large part in Morse's development was never mentioned in the "later" Morse programme - he alluded to something the character did (does) in this run, but I guess we'll have to keep watching to find out.

Don't forget his friend, Det Sgt Jim Strange will go on to be his boss in 'Morse'

meta lon and roadrash like this.
  12. Adam4868

Adam4868 Veteran

Been watching the Traitor sunday nights which is ok,watchable.Then theres Babtiste which is great.Tonight is Partridge,happy days.

meta lon and NorthernDave like this.
  13. NorthernDave

NorthernDave Never used Über Member

Back of the net!

meta lon and Adam4868 like this.
  14. Cletus Van Damme

Cletus Van Damme Previously known as Cheesney Hawks

While I was laid up with back problems I watched Dead Set again. Didn't take long to watch and I like most of Charlie Brooker's stuff. Was obviously a message in there about TV viewers being like zombies watching sh1te like Big Brother etc. Was a pretty good zombie mini-series.

I tried watching Brooklyn Nine Nine last night. An American comedy about police detectives. It was ok, just not that funny. A bit like I used to think about Friends, that my ex wife watched all the time..

15. cisamcgu

cisamcgu Guru

*falls off chair in shock*

Mrs Cisamcgu and I think this is one of the dependably hilarious comedies ever :smile:

Cletus Van Damme likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice