What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
This week's Grand Designs was great... the curvy wooden house in Cornwall. Any couple that says things like 'nothing looks better than a stack of logs' gets a thumbs up in my book :okay:

It's been a great series so far. The tree house in the first episode was incredible, though I'm not sure I'd fancy living next to a bloody huge supermarket, no matter how secluded.

(including the best on screen Punisher yet) I'M confident.

there's an effort, I think to locate them in a distinct culture to the other characters.. 1 1/2 épisodes so far for me.
Better than Thomas Jane, or is that who you're on about?
I'm not going to link it here, but you can find the clip on YouTube, for 'Dirty Laundry'
Made with Thomas Jane

Distinct culture?. Agent Carter is also a bit out of the loop, as regards the time (1940s)
And, of course, Hayley Atwell is gorgeous in it

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Better than Thomas Jane, or is that who you're on about?
I'm not going to link it here, but you can find the clip on YouTube, for 'Dirty Laundry'
Made with Thomas Jane
Yes, although I've not seen the youtube video you kindly direct me to.
Distinct culture?. Agent Carter is also a bit out of the loop, as regards the time (1940s)
And, of course, Hayley Atwell is gorgeous in it
True, and as I've said in prior posts, I'm a fan.

Distinctly African-American is, what I think I'm groping towards there, although as someone who isn't, I'm wary of pronouncing on the authenticity or otherwise of that.

Tin Pot

Guru
I don't, and having read the interview I wonder if she's actually watched the show she's talking about.

The Fall has a lot to say about misogyny, but itself is one of thousands of tv shows that feature the murder of women, usually young and attractive.

This has been ongoing since the fifties.

Why does so much of television and film centre on the murder of women when there are so many other subjects they could use?

It is simply stating fact that people love watching it, the only question outstanding is why does it continue?

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
The Fall has a lot to say about misogyny, but itself is one of thousands of tv shows that feature the murder of women, usually young and attractive.

This has been ongoing since the fifties.

Why does so much of television and film centre on the murder of women when there are so many other subjects they could use?

It is simply stating fact that people love watching it, the only question outstanding is why does it continue?

I think you've almost answered your own questions.

Top Bottom