What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Renegade Nell on Disney is quite good.
It's a bit of a cross between a supernatural story, a fairy tale and a caper. Well worth a watch. It has moments of dark humour, a bit of violence in a historical setting.

Chislenko

Veteran
Is Count Arthur Strong available on any platforms, one of the funniest programmes I have ever seen, the toilet seat scene being a particular favourite.

Is Count Arthur Strong available on any platforms, one of the funniest programmes I have ever seen, the toilet seat scene being a particular favourite.

I don't know but he's touring a Dickens show near Xmas. We saw him a few years ago and he was phenomenal. Far cleverer than you get from the TV shows. Well worth the ticket !

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Been enjoying The Gentlemen series, based on Guy Ritchie's film, and he's still involved which is a good thing (if you like Guy Ritchie). All the usual Guy Ritchie things are there, though I'm not sure the episode format works entirely as it's overly formulaic.

Still it's enjoyable, silly, wannabe gangster fun. If you like Guy Ritchie things.

Which you have to, just to be clear.

Reactions: gbb
Been enjoying The Gentlemen series, based on Guy Ritchie's film, and he's still involved which is a good thing (if you like Guy Ritchie). All the usual Guy Ritchie things are there, though I'm not sure the episode format works entirely as it's overly formulaic.

Still it's enjoyable, silly, wannabe gangster fun. If you like Guy Ritchie things.

Which you have to, just to be clear.

I've enjoyed the series at the same time as it annoying me - is that weird ? Seems to be a huge amount of violence and drugs with no consequences.

His new WWII film looks great from the trailer - with Henry Cavill and the guy from Reacher in it - but I think it's straight to streaming on Amazon in the UK ?

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
I've enjoyed the series at the same time as it annoying me - is that weird ? Seems to be a huge amount of violence and drugs with no consequences.

His new WWII film looks great from the trailer - with Henry Cavill and the guy from Reacher in it - but I think it's straight to streaming on Amazon in the UK ?

Like I said, Guy Ritchie things. Accept them as silly and completely unrealistic or have your mind melted.

Ungentlemanly Warfare? Not sure about direct to Prime in the UK, but The Covenant was so it's entirely possible. Does look good though.

Adam4868

Guru
Danny Dyer....How to Be a Man.
As much as I try to not like Dyer its not happening,I think he's class.
Good watch if not hard at times touching on some hard issues,mental health, masculinity and male identity.Thought he handled it well and looking forward to part two.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
"This Town" - a series set in the early 80s in the midlands with all the divisions of that time. First episode in were very impressed by the acting, storytelling and craftsmanship. The main character is a rather straight laced black lad who's a bit of a poet, and episode one was a near perfect introduction to all the people and set up which will no doubt all be intertwined later. Other characters and themes are an IRA cell, the main protagonist's soldier brother, the girl the lad fancies, and another girl who's a musician / anarchist, and a local gangster. Great music of the time (mostly ska revival / two tone) and music is presumably going to be a major part of the story

Based on the first episode this is looking to be very good indeed !

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Based on the first episode this is looking to be very good indeed !

It is! One of best things we've watched for a while.

We've been watching Strike also on Iplayer, one and off for a while, which is very good too. 3 series down and 1 to go, although I believe series 5 is currently being filmed, which maybe why it popped up on iplayer, unless of course it never went away.

stephec

Legendary Member
For those watching The Gentlemen, is it just a retelling of the film?

I liked that and it was about the right length, with a good cast as well, I'm not sure how they'd flesh it out any more though.

Reactions: gbb
OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
For those watching The Gentlemen, is it just a retelling of the film?

I liked that and it was about the right length, with a good cast as well, I'm not sure how they'd flesh it out any more though.

Essentially, yes. Not the same characters but a broadly similar overall story arc with each episode focusing on a particular part which advances the tale.

I'm only half way through but I suspect if you enjoyed the film you'll enjoy the series.

stephec

Legendary Member
Essentially, yes. Not the same characters but a broadly similar overall story arc with each episode focusing on a particular part which advances the tale.

I'm only half way through but I suspect if you enjoyed the film you'll enjoy the series.

Cheers, I think I'll give it a go.

The scene with the editor in the stable doesn't get any further embellishing though I hope, some things are best left to the imagination. 😂

And I can't believe that anyone can better Hugh Grant's performance.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Fallout (Amazon)

Based on the computer games series I'm a big fan of, its very good and if you like post apocalytic sci-fi its worth checking out.

yup
enjoying it , cant say i played the game .I did download fallout 76 with the free prime code but just seemed to be a generic FPS so deleted it .

yup
enjoying it , cant say i played the game .I did download fallout 76 with the free prime code but just seemed to be a generic FPS so deleted it .

Yeah FO76 is probably the worst one, its a live service multiplayer game rather than the offline only solo games we had up to this point.

Top Bottom