What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
For anyone interested... I just spotted that there is a special on the Sony Channel** at 02:00 - 03:30 on Sunday morning (17th May 2020) - 'Memories of M*A*S*H'. Set your PVRs if you sleep at normal times!

** Freeview ch 48 in many areas, Sky 157, Virgin 189, Freesat 142
it's very good, I've seen it before:okay::okay:

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
If the Batman genre is your thing
Try Batman; The Animated Series, it has its own cult following
Very dark, in fact the style it was in was referred to as 'Dark Deco' (the buildings & vehicles)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_The_Animated_Series

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XJ3HJXxDwc

Harley Quinn was first created for this series!!!!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nss0ghyCrm0

A great series. My favourite episode was 2nd to last, The Creeper. Harley Quinn was much greater in this than she later became.

JPBoothy

Veteran
I watched the old Michael Cain film from the 1960's 'ALFIE' a few days ago and was cringing at the various names he used when referring to his many female conquests.. The man would be torn to bits in this day and age of the political correctness :eek::laugh:

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
I laughed so much on my first viewing of Viral Wipe that I had to rewatch tonight, which I hadn't planned to but Eurovision was just too bleak. Perhaps if they hadn't opened it saying "here we are in Rotterdam where we would have been having the performance, but it's now an emergency medical centre!"

No thanks.

JPBoothy

Veteran
The Architecture The Railways Built

The episode with Kings Cross Station, & Clifton Rock Railway

https://yesterday.uktv.co.uk/shows/the-architecture-the-railways-built/
I am constantly in awe of the beautiful architecture and general building skills used in the days gone by when the tooling available was nothing like it is today. The tooling marks on each stone of a Church/Cathedral remind me of why things took years to build compared to the ugly concrete eye sores that we see appear in just weeks/months today.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Just finished watching series 1 of Ozark following recommendations hereabouts. It's a cracker!

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Mediterranean with Simon Reeve.

I think this is a repeated series, but I started watching it after catching his excellent "Americas" series. Not normally a fan of docu-travelogues but these two are well worth catching on the iPlayer.
Or watch it on BBC2 in a few minutes.:okay:

Drago

Legendary Member
The second Sherlock Holmes film with Tony Stark. It was alright, a light hearted yarn with plenty of bad guys getting slapped. Far from being highbrow, but a good romp. It should be a film review, but I missed half :laugh:

6/10.

Last edited:

JPBoothy

Veteran
Police Interceptors

Which, for the second time in a fortnight covered roads that I use
Last weeks, with the chase of the Mondeo, where it hit the (silver) Polo, before driver tried to leg it, only to be found in a court-yard, was less than a mile from me

Tonights, when they were after the (blue) Mazda, showed the Police on Ferry Lane, & crossing the (Aire & Calder Navigation) Canal where I do
Plus, the car was stopped at Whitwood Common, opposite 'Voysey Row', where i ride past a lot

The Dukes Of Hazzard
Hazzardville Horror

Featuring a moustachioed Andrew Robinson, as an inept thief
(better known as the pyscho/sadist killer in 'Dirty Harry', & as Garak in Star-Trek : Deep Space 9)
As long as Daisy doesn't become moustachioed that will still be on my list of 'rainy day' programmes.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Mediterranean with Simon Reeve.

I think this is a repeated series, but I started watching it after catching his excellent "Americas" series. Not normally a fan of docu-travelogues but these two are well worth catching on the iPlayer.
Or watch it on BBC2 in a few minutes.:okay:
All of Simon Reeve's travelogues are worth watching; Tropics, Equator, Places that don't Exist, Russia, etc.

Top Bottom