What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Squire
Only one comment on The Traitors? I'm surprised. It's been reported as having been watched by shedloads of people - approaching ten million, which is unheard of these days. Watched the last celeb series, at er indores's instigation, quite enjoyed it, persuaded to give this one a go, astonished by what I can't but see as Richard E Grant's astonishing blunder. You can see how much he wanted to do it, and it dropped in his lap, and it looks like he's thrown it away. What a twit.
 

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Am loving the various memes that get served to me about this:
Joshua volunteers at a local holistic wellbeing centre whilst Jemima runs an organic almond dairy. Their budget is 1.75 million pounds.

i have no idea what you're on about. The builder/architect/client in episode 3 I think was called Seb, and it was financed with a £420K mortgage.
 

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I have found that to pretty much be the case for all foreign language programmes/films. Original language and subtitles is far more superior and now my default. This started with the original showing of Das Boot which was more than a couple of weeks ago. 😉

One which did work well with dubbing was "Munich, Beer and Blood", about gangsterish rival brewers in said city. Rather cleverly I thought, they'd gone for consistent Brummie accents for the dubbed version, conveying that this was a regional city rather than the capital.

Also regarding subtitles , in the wonderful Cyrano de Bergerac movie with Gerard Depardieu, the English subtitles are in rhyming couplets, done be Anthony Burgess of Clockwork Orange fame
 

Pblakeney

Über Member
One which did work well with dubbing was "Munich, Beer and Blood", about gangsterish rival brewers in said city. Rather cleverly I thought, they'd gone for consistent Brummie accents for the dubbed version, conveying that this was a regional city rather than the capital.

Also regarding subtitles , in the wonderful Cyrano de Bergerac movie with Gerard Depardieu, the English subtitles are in rhyming couplets, done be Anthony Burgess of Clockwork Orange fame

That would make a refreshing change as most dubbing is flat and emotionless.
 
Top Bottom