What volcanic ash?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davidc

Guru
Globalti said:
Blimey, CDG and the other European hubs are going to be a bit crowded....

It's being predicted to shut down air traffic over more of northern europe tonight.

Presumably UKIP will explain to us later how the EU was responsible for this?

Arch

Married to Night Train
Davidc said:
It's being predicted to shut down air traffic over more of northern europe tonight.

Presumably UKIP will explain to us later how the EU was responsible for this?

They'll have a job, Iceland isn't in the EU....

darthpaul

NATS has said that no flights until at least 7am tomorrow now at the earliest! Must be quiet in London around Heathrow!

Crankarm

Guru
Volcanic ash ................. surely a smoke screen. It's probably all the ash from the huge amount of investor's money that went up in smoke when the Icelandic banking system went into melt down.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Today's departures have been given a room. Don't want to be stuck at Dalaman tomorrow as its a military airport. More importantly I can't pick up my fixed new wheel........

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Crankarm said:
Volcanic ash ................. surely a smoke screen. It's probably all the ash from the huge amount of investor's money that went up in smoke when the Icelandic banking system went into melt down.

Most likely.....having read an article this weekend that the bank of England knew they were dodgy. .......

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Heard earlier Radio 5 from a listener....

'Yet again it's the paying public who suffer- it's time the airlines and the volcano sat round a table and sorted this mess out!'

Crankarm said:
Do planes fly on tracks up there :wacko:?

It all sounds a bit like the "leaves on the line" excuses from the rail companies.

Still UK CO2 emissions will be greatly reduced for today :biggrin:.

Except if you knew anything about train driving you would know it isn't an excuse.How long have you been driving trains BTW?

That's why I wouldn't look on this volcanic ash as "just an excuse" not to run a service.

Mark_Robson

hackbike 666 said:
Except if you knew anything about train driving you would know it isn't an excuse.How long have you been driving trains BTW?

That's why I wouldn't look on this volcanic ash as "just an excuse" not to run a service.
isn't that when the leaves reduce traction between wheel and the rail? ......My son just told me that. :wacko:

Arch

Married to Night Train
I just heard the archetypal knuckle dragging passenger on the news saying there wasn't enough information - just one sheet of paper and sommat about an eruption somewhere.

Tell you what mate, you tell me which big of 'dangerous cloud of ash' you don't understand, and I'll draw it in crayon for you.

TVC

I was walking on that Glacier last August and very pretty it was too. I know this does not contribute to the thrust of the thread, but I wanted to say it. :wacko::biggrin:

Top Bottom