What volcanic ash?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mangaman

Globalti said:
My brother-in-Law was going to the same conference. He tells me that the organisers are determined for it to go ahead and have organised tele-conference facilities.

Wow - cool

Yes they have tried streaming some of the conference on line although it's not been great.

I spoke to the organiser on Monday in London and I really felt sorry for her. It was going to be a great conference and they were really trying to get it together. They have somehow kept it going with a new program.

I really got the feeling they have tried everything to make things work. Unfortunaty my moment of stardom was destined for 5.30 NICE time today, so I've missed it.

buggi

Bird Saviour
my brother is on a rigg in the north sea. he was on msn last night chatting to me and was moaning because his bosses told him no flights off the rigg for 2 weeks (he was due back this week). i made his day when i told him i was just watching the news and they have just this minute announced all airports open. he was well chuffed.

mangaman

buggi said:
my brother is on a rigg in the north sea. he was on msn last night chatting to me and was moaning because his bosses told him no flights off the rigg for 2 weeks (he was due back this week). i made his day when i told him i was just watching the news and they have just this minute announced all airports open. he was well chuffed.

That's cool Buggi

I'm surprised that (presumably helicopters) were affected at all.

The cloud was much higher. I suppose it was the fact that the airports were closed?

Hope he gets back OK anyway :rolleyes:

gbb

Legendary Member
Its thursday ( i think) and i'm back
Thursday last, trip cancelled for technical difficulties.
Friday, flight cancelled with the volcano.
Saturday, continue working, Sunday is day off while the company try to sort a flight out.
Monday, arranged flight to Munich cancelled...although that trip would leave me stranded anyway.
Tuesday, flight arranged to Prague...cancelled.
Alternative idea of getting to Madrid muted...that went nowhere.
Wednesday, flight to Prague is on, but delayed so i wont make the tranfer to manchester.
Wednesday night in Prague, flight to Manchester transferred (after some preesure from me) to an earlier flight to heathrow today.

Lying, unhelpful airport staff, airlines that wont tell you anytrhing, wont give you reservations, constantly arranging and unarranging transport to and from airports, never knowing if your flights going to go, 4 different sets of accomodation in less than two weeks, 4 different flights cancelled, too many people at work involved, too few people involved when you need them, technical problems at work that took a hell of a lot of working out, constant extending of the car hire, moneys run out so i'm using my own funds...jeez, ive had better weeks :becool:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
gbb said:
Its thursday ( i think) and i'm back
Thursday last, trip cancelled for technical difficulties.
Friday, flight cancelled with the volcano.
Saturday, continue working, Sunday is day off while the company try to sort a flight out.
Monday, arranged flight to Munich cancelled...although that trip would leave me stranded anyway.
Tuesday, flight arranged to Prague...cancelled.
Alternative idea of getting to Madrid muted...that went nowhere.
Wednesday, flight to Prague is on, but delayed so i wont make the tranfer to manchester.
Wednesday night in Prague, flight to Manchester transferred (after some preesure from me) to an earlier flight to heathrow today.

Lying, unhelpful airport staff, airlines that wont tell you anytrhing, wont give you reservations, constantly arranging and unarranging transport to and from airports, never knowing if your flights going to go, 4 different sets of accomodation in less than two weeks, 4 different flights cancelled, too many people at work involved, too few people involved when you need them, technical problems at work that took a hell of a lot of working out, constant extending of the car hire, moneys run out so i'm using my own funds...jeez, ive had better weeks :biggrin:

Still gbb, it's a glamourous life, all that travellin'...

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I'm so glad I only fly when I REALLY have to, or want to (Such as doing the Papa Westray - Westray flight in the Orkneys in a plane that was like a battered old Volvo Estate but with wings (A Britten Norman Islander for those who are curious)).

The last time I flew I had to get back up to Glasgow very quickly, so I flew BMI from Heathrow.
It was an A320, and the engines sounded SO awful!! - I could have sworn they were actually outboard motors for small boats as that's exactly what they sounded like!

I was waiting for the waves to come splashing down the Isle!! :biggrin::laugh:

Top Bottom