What Was It We Saw ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

G-Zero

Über Member
Me and the boss lady were cycling south towards Les Sables d'Lonne, Vendee, Fr one day last week and making use of an excellent coastal cycle path winding through a forest.
We came across a family of four cycling towards us on the equivalent of a cycling 'convoy exceptional', but they were past us so quickly I couldn't quite see how it was put together.
We discussed the 'bike' during lunch and from memory it appeared to be a tandem, with a recumbent at the front and a normal seated rider at the rear. There was a child carrying seat attached, I think behind the recumbent rider and another child was attached to the rear on a tag along.

This was certainly the longest 'bike' I've ever seen and some skill must have been needed on the tighter bends.

A quick Google found this which may or may not help. You couldn't fit a child seat behind the recumbent rider on these machines, but you could certainly add a tag along behind it.

recumbent.jpg

OP
OP
G-Zero

G-Zero

Über Member
Thanks for the quick replies and those certainly look similar to what we saw.

I'm not 100% certain where the child seat was fitted, other than it was in there somewhere. I wonder if they've had an adaption made to the frame ?

raleighnut

Legendary Member
That almost sounds like a song title!
Made me think of this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=WoLZRFJLFeQ

but out the front there I for one would feel very vulnerable :eek:

byegad

Legendary Member
The front rider has a pair of bars at seat level to hold. They have no movement and from users I'm told it's a little like riding a tadpole trike as far as view and feeling. You are sat a deal higher than a trike would put you!

Top Bottom