What was the first (music) record.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
....you ever bought with your own money ?
Just watched Ray Davies on BEEB 2 and it reminded me that apart from the records Pater 'n Mater and family bought me as a nipper, the first ever single I bought myself was "Lola" by The Kinks.
So, what was yours ?

buggi

Bird Saviour
i wanna dance with somebody by Whitney Houston

my brother's was that "star trekkin... across the universe, on the starship enterprise under captain kirk" and we've never let him live it down.

mikeitup

Veteran
re:

Judas Priest : British Steel
Thin Lizzy : The Adventures Of Thin Lizzy
Scorpions : Animal Magnetism

Ahh, 1980................................

Diana by Paul Anka on a 78 rpm plastic jobbie. Bought with first weeks milk round wages. Later poured boiling water over it and made a flower bowl. can't do that with Cds!

Also bought Because You're Mine by Mario Lanza as a treat for my Mum.

col

Legendary Member
I didnt bother with singles,my first lp was feeling alright with the crew,by 999.Not someone i knew about,but bought on the recomendation of a mate,it was ok,punk era at the time,but not really what i was expecting.

John Ponting said:
Diana by Paul Anka on a 78 rpm plastic jobbie. Bought with first weeks milk round wages. Later poured boiling water over it and made a flower bowl. can't do that with Cds!

Also bought Because You're Mine by Mario Lanza as a treat for my Mum.

Now that was a real Blue Peter thing -scalding water and good old 78s... Brilliant labelling too!
'Glad All Over' by the Dave Clark 5 (Ahh - names with such invention). It was the beginning of my 'drums are good' period. xx(

betty swollocks

large member
Emerson Lake and Palmer's first album. That piece of vinyl cost me 98p in 1972.
I've still got it.
I've never bought a single.

I remember buying Rick Wakeman's White Rock at the first opportunity. Played it endlessly. A few short months later I bought my first single ... Pretty Vacant. Never listened to Rick much after that.

f

Top Bottom