What was the first (music) record.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Johnny Thin

Bruch G Minor violin concerto and Scottish Fantasy with Maurice Hasson, James Loughran and the Halle (I think) - 'Classics for Pleasure'

When I got home and told my parents they said "Why did you buy that, we've got it already several times over!"

Slowgrind

It`s now or never by Elvis. I wanted a Cliff Richard record but they had sold out!

Tetedelacourse

I saved up Rice Krispies tokens and got Shaky's This Old House, but the first I bought in a shop was ages after: the Brits 1988. Most played song on that was Orinoco Flo.

First single I bought was A Tribe Called Quest: Can I Kick It?

terry huckle

So long ago, `tis hard to be sure, but it was either "Wimoweh" by the Karl Denver Trio, or "Washington Square" by Kenny ball and his jazzmen.

My first LP was probably Shostakovitch Symphony No 5.

SamNichols

This probably says a lot about me, but it was the album 'Up' by Right Said Fred. On tape. Second was Queen's Greatest Hits. No wonder I'm a little effeminate.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
My first album was Marvin gaye's "What's Giong On?"
Actually no it wasn't, it was one of those Top of The Pops compilations, which didn't have the original artistes, and usually had a pouting woman in a crochet waistcoat and hotpants, straddling a farm gate or sitting on a rocking horse.

Top Bottom