What waterproof trousers or over trousers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Fed up with getting wet, so hit me with some recommendations for which ones to by .

Main use will be short commuting and up to 3 hour rides on the roads.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Yes, surprisingly well. The elasticated strap goes nearer the heel. Work perfectly with my MW81 winter boots.
what's the inside leg length like? My inside leg is 34" but between pedal and saddle it's 36", so my current waterproofs are fine for walking but once in the saddle, they don't even cover my ankles.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I'm a 33" inside leg, and the large stay down over the top of my boots, I think they would ride up if it weren't for the straps

AnthonyC

Regular
A bit after the fact, but did anyone here try Sportful Norain already? Great material that keeps your legs dry in light rain conditions without getting sweaty. They won't keep you fully dry when it really pours down, but they'll still keep you warm and comfortable (and that's perhaps better than sweating in a pair of rain trousers).

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
A bit after the fact, but did anyone here try Sportful Norain already? Great material that keeps your legs dry in light rain conditions without getting sweaty. They won't keep you fully dry when it really pours down, but they'll still keep you warm and comfortable (and that's perhaps better than sweating in a pair of rain trousers).

must admit i had looked at some of the winter tights , but dont like the idea

much prefer the overtrouser route at the moment

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
just ordered a pr for commuting duties so see how they get on when they arrive

Well ordered Sunday arrived Wednesday afternoon so no complaints there .

Ordered a medium for me at 5ft 10 and fit looks good , looks like the covers will go over the walking boots i normally wet weather commute in .

WP_20161123_003.jpg

2 front zip pockets and a velcro zip so you can access normal pockets etc etc so easier for wee stops now

WP_20161123_004.jpg

Inner pocket with a velcro securing strip inside

WP_20161123_005.jpg

And a loop to clip in a light just below your knee area

WP_20161123_006.jpg

so yes these look good and just need some rain now ...... shouldnt have to wait long

Last edited:
Top Bottom