what weight should i be

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rusky

CC Addict
Skinny Bugger!!:rolleyes:
I'm 6'2" not been under 15 stone since #3 was born (He's 7 this week)
I swim, cycle, round round like a loon at work, eat well... I've lost 10 stone, but I just can't get back to my pre-bubba weight of 12stone!

Hmmm, lack of sex...
biggrin.gif

byegad

Legendary Member
The nurse at my last well man clinic told me I should be 10st 3lbs. I'm 5'7" and 15 1/2 st, which I know is too heavy. BUT at 10st 3lbs I'd look like a Belsen victim or a cancer patient. I played Rugby, as a prop, and the last time I was 10st 3lbs I was 15.

If your weight is stable and you don't feel ill or have any issues with repeated infections I'd develop a thicker skin and ignore the critics.

bonk man

I recently had a body composition test...... age 48 , height 5'8" .... I am 11 stone, apparently the ideal for my sport ie cycling, is just under 10 stone. It was recommended that my calorie intake didn't exceed 1800 cals while training and 300 less out of season, scary.

I feel heavy, have a small pot belly, some bits of me are sort of toned, legs ok and I have a physical job to keep the top half ok.

My weight has been around 9.5 stone; when I was under 30 years old... I looked skinny but could out climb my mates any day [ most of them anyway :smile: ] .

Being thin looking is not really a problem as long as you are within your ideal weight, we do not see people who are the ideal weight very often as most of us are well over it.

I would suggest you visit a gym that can do the test and suggest a correct weight and cal intake. You are an individual and will have heavier or lighter muscles than another person, the main thing is not carrying too much excess fat.

A lot of our calorie intake is from crappy food that don't benefit us anyway, being overweight may be cuddly but it is not good for you physically, diabetes, cancer, knackered joints etc etc, anyone of those threats should be enough to reject the extra sarnie or evening beer :whistle:

martint235

Dog on a bike
I recently had a body composition test...... age 48 , height 5'8" .... I am 11 stone, apparently the ideal for my sport ie cycling, is just under 10 stone. It was recommended that my calorie intake didn't exceed 1800 cals while training and 300 less out of season, scary.

Slightly off topic but how reliable is the Connect Garmin calorie count? Mine says I burnt 9000+ calories on Saturday doing 130 miles. If it is reasonably accurate then I think I should be upping my calorie intake significantly although my weight is relatively stable at the mo around 14.5 stone.

potsy

Rambler
Slightly off topic but how reliable is the Connect Garmin calorie count? Mine says I burnt 9000+ calories on Saturday doing 130 miles. If it is reasonably accurate then I think I should be upping my calorie intake significantly although my weight is relatively stable at the mo around 14.5 stone.

I take no notice of the calorie info on my Garmin, it says I burn nearly 1300 cals on my 19ish mile commute, I'd be surprides if I was actually burning half of that figure.

I'm at least a stone and a half heavier than you Big M - your bonce must be made of bubblewrap and your skeleton of carbon fibre! Always believe the calorie counter, particularly when relaxing with a rehydration drink or two. :whistle:

Top Bottom